A Person Identification Method Using a Top-View Head Image from an Overhead Camera
Ryota Nakatani, Daichi Kouno, Kazutaka Shimada, and Tsutomu Endo
Department of Artificial Intelligence, Kyushu Institute of Technology, 680-4 Kawazu, Iizuka, Fukuoka 820-8502, Japan
-  T. Kanade, “Picture processing by computer complex and recognition of human face,” Technical report, Kyoto University, Dept. of Information Science, 1973.
-  S.Watanabe and N. Pakvasa, “Subspace method in pattern recognition,” in Proc. of 1st Int. J. Conf on Pattern Recognition, pp. 2-32, 1973.
-  M. Turk and A. P. Pentland, “Eigenfaces for recognition,” J. of Cognitive Neuroscience, Vol.3, No.1, pp. 71-86, 1991.
-  H. Uchida, R. Inoda, T. Tsuji, and S. Abe, “Counting people and recognizing wheelchairs at elevator lobby by real-time image processing,” IEEJ Trans. on Industrial Applications, Vol.129, No.6, pp. 578-584, 2009.
-  M. Onishi and I. Yoda, “Visualization of Customer Flow in an Office Complex over a Long Period,” Proc. of Int. Conf. on Pattern Recognition (ICPR), pp. 1747-1750, 2010.
-  Y. Iwashita and A. Stoica, “Gait Recognition using Shadow Analysis,” Proc. of Symposium on Bio-inspired, Learning, and Intelligent Systems for Security 2009, pp. 26-31, 2009.
-  T. Fukuzoe, M. Itou, D. Mito, and M. Watanabe, “A person identification method unifying image features of body shape and daily habit based on probabilistic recognition framework,” IEICE Trans. on Information and Systems, D, Vol.91-D, No.5, pp. 1369-1379, 2008.
-  N. Dalal and B. Triggs, “Histograms of Oriented Gradients for Human Detection,” Proc. of IEEE Conf. on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR), pp. 886-893, 2005.
-  Y. Freund and R. E. Schapier, “Experiments with a new boosting algorithm,” Proc. of ICML, pp. 148-156, 1996.
-  J. R. Quinlan, “C4.5 Programs for Machine Learning,” Morgan Kaufmann Publishers, 1993.
-  A. C. Gallagher and T. Chen, “Using Context to Recognize People in Consumer Images,” IPSJ Trans. on Computer Vision and Applications, Vol.1, pp. 115-126, 2009.
-  J. Yamaguchi, K. Shimada, S. Enokida, T. Ejima, and T. Endo, “Personal Identification Using Facial Feature and Context,” J. of Japan Society for Fuzzy Theory and Intelligent Informatics, Vol.23, No.2, pp. 13-21, 2011.
-  M. Farenzena, L. Bazzani, A. Perina, V. Murino, and M. Cristani, “Person re-identification by symmetry-driven accumulation of local features,” Proc. of IEEE Conf. on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR), pp. 2360-2367, 2010.
-  D. Kouno, K. Shimada, and T. Endo, “Person Identification Using Top-view Image with Depth Information,” Proc. of 13th ACIS Int. Conf. on Software Engineering, Artificial Intelligence, Networking and Parallel/Distributed Computing (SNPD 2012), 2012.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.