A Study on the Possibility of Applying Subliminal Visual Cue for Guiding Subject’s Attention
Hiroshi Takahashi and Hirohiko Honda
Shonan Institute of Technology, 1-1-25 Tsujido-Nishikaigan, Fujisawa, Kanagawa 251-8511, Japan
-  D. Bruin, J. Kroon, R. Klaveren et al., “Design and Test of a Cooperative Adaptive Cruise Control System,” Proc. of 2004 IEEE Intelligent Vehicles Symposium, pp. 392-396, 2004.
-  S. Ishida et al., “Development, Evaluation and Introduction of a Lane Keeping Assistance System,” Proc. of 2004 IEEE Intelligent Vehicles Symposium, pp. 943-945, 2004.
-  F. Tsuji et al., “Development of a Support System for Nighttime Recognition of Pedestrians,” Preprint of JSAE Scientific Lecture Series, 20055287, 2005.
-  Y. Sato and E. Kato, “An estimation of the hazard-controllability of Distance Warning System (DWS’s) for motor vehicles,” Int. Symposium on Automobile Technique & Automation, 94SF009, pp. 81-88, 1994.
-  A. Ishibashi, “Human Factors and Error Countermeasures,” J. of National Institute of Public Health, Vol.51, No.4, pp. 232-244, 2002.
-  G. J. S. Wilde, “Target Risk 2: A New Psychology of Safety and Health,” Pde Pubns, 2001.
-  M. Kokubun et al., “Analysis of Drivers’ Risk Sensitivity Characteristics,” Trans. of the Human Interface Society, Vol.5, No.1, pp. 27-36, 2003.
-  M. Zimmermann, “Neurophysiology of Sensory Systems,” pp. 68-166, 1977.
-  T. Norretranders, “The User illusion: Cutting Consciousness Down to Size,” Penguin Groupe (USA), 1999.
-  J. Karremans, “Beyond vicary’s fantasies: the impact of subliminal priming and brand choice [Electronic Version],” J. of Experimental Social Psychology, Vol.42, pp. 792-798, 2006.
-  E. Bertolazzi, F. Biral, M. Da Lio et al., “Supporting Drivers in Keeping Safe Speed and Safe Distance: The SASPENCE Subproject Within the European Framework Programme 6 Integrating Project PReVENT,” IEEE Trans. on Intelligent Transportation Systems, Vol.99, pp. 1-14, 2009.
-  H. Okuyama, “Emergency Brake of Collision Mitigation System: Pre-Crash Safety system for Large Tracks,” IEICE technical report, Vol.106, No.519, pp. 5-8, 2007.
-  H. Takahashi, “A Problem and Breakthrough of Environmental Sensing for Vehicles,” The 25th Annual Conf. of the Robotics Society of Japan, 2E11/ JSAE20074523, 2007 (in Japanese).
-  M. Brackstone and M. McDonald, “Barriers to motorway traffic operations and their potential solution,” Proc., IV2001, pp. 221-226, 2001.
-  T. Acarman, U. Ozguner et al., “Non-standard safety enhancement,” Proc. IV2001, pp. 417-422, 2001.
-  H. Takahashi, H. Nishiuchi, and H. Sato, “Error detections for vision based vehicle detection,” Proc. Annual Conf. of Japan J. Industrial and Applied Mathematics, pp. 107-114, 2002.
-  J. D. Moss and E. R. Muth, “Characteristics of Head-Mounted Displays and Their Effects on Simulator Sickness Human Factors,” The J. of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society June 2011, 53, pp. 308-319, first published on April 27, 2011.
-  B. Kolb and I. Q. Whishaw, “Fundamentals of Human Neuropsychology,” Worth Pub, Washington, U.S.A., 2003.
-  E. Rosen and U. Sander, “Pedestrian fatality risk as a function of car impact speed,” J. of Accident Analysis and Prevention, Vol.41, No.3, pp. 536-542, 2009.
-  H. Takahashi et al., “A Study on Predicting Hazard Factors for Safe Driving,” IEEE Trans. on Industrial Electronics, Vol.54, No.2, pp. 781-789, 2007.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.