A Proposal of Genetic Operations for BSIM Parameter Extraction Using Real-Coded Genetic Algorithm
Ai Nishiba*, Hiroharu Kawanaka*, Haruhiko Takase*,
and Shinji Tsuruoka**
*Graduate School of Engineering, Mie University, 1577 Kurima-Machiya, Tsu, Mie 514-8507, Japan
**Graduate School of Regional Innovation Studies, Mie University, 1577 Kurima-Machiya, Tsu, Mie 514-8507, Japan
-  B. J. Sheu, D. L. Scharfetter, P.-K. Ko, and M.-C. Jeng, “BSIM: Berkeley short-channel IGFET model for MOS transistors,” IEEE J. of Solid-State Circuits, Vol.22, No.4, pp. 558-566, 1987.
-  M. Chan and C. Hu, “The Engineering of BSIM for the Nano-Technology Era and Beyond,” Modeling and Simulation of Microsystems 2002, pp. 662-665, 2002.
-  BSIM Homepage,
-  M. Keser and K. Joardar, “Genetic Algorithm Based MOSFET Parameter Extraction,” Technical Proc. of the 2000 Intl. Conf. on Modeling and Simulation of Microsystems, pp. 341-344, 2000.
-  M. Murakawa, M. Miura-Mattausch, and T. Higuchi, “Towards automatic parameter extraction for surface-potential-based MOSFET models with the genetic algorithm,” Proc. of the ASP-DAC 2005, Vol.1, pp. 204-207, 2005.
-  S. Baba, J. Namekata, D. Murase, T. Wada, K. Ito, and M. Murakawa, “Extraction of Bsim Compact Model Parameters Using Genetic Algorithm,” Technical Report of the Institute of Electronics, Information and Communication Engineers, Vol.105, No.307, pp. 21-26, 2005.
-  M. Murakawa, K. Ito, and T. Wada, “Parameter Adjuster,” United States Patent, US 7,580,904 B2, 2009.
-  Y. Li, “An automatic parameter extraction technique for advanced CMOS device modeling using genetic algorithm,” Microelectronic Engineering, Vol.84, No.2, pp. 260-272, 2007.
-  Y. Li and Y. Cho, “Parallel genetic algorithm for SPICE model parameter extraction,” Proc. of Int. Parallel and Distributed Processing Symposium 2006, p. 8, 2006.
-  A. Nishiba, H. Kawanaka, H. Takase, and S. Tsuruoka, “A Study on Genetic Operations of Real-Coded GA and their Effectiveness for Extraction of BSIM Model Parameters,” Proc. of Workshop on Informatics 2009, pp. 79-83, 2009.
-  T. Higuchi, S. Tsutsui, and M. Yamamura, “Theoretical analysis of simplex crossover for real-coded genetic algorithms,” Parallel Problem Solving from Nature (PPSN-VI), pp. 365-374, 2000.
-  T. Higuchi, S. Tsutsui, and M. Yamamura, “Simplex Crossover for Real-coded Genetic Algorithms,” Trans. of the Japanese Society for Artificial Intelligence, Vol.16, No.1, pp. 147-155, 2001.
-  S. Tsutsui, M. Yamamura, and T. Higuchi, “Multi-parent Recombination with Simplex Crossover in Real Coded Genetic Algorithms,” Proc. of the 1999 Genetic and Evolutionary Computation Conf., pp. 657-664, 1999.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.