Fuzzy c-Means Clustering for Data with Clusterwise Tolerance Based on L2- and L1-Regularization
Yukihiro Hamasuna*,**, Yasunori Endo**, and Sadaaki Miyamoto**
*Research Fellow of the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science
**Department of Risk Engineering, Faculty of Systems and Information Engineering, University of Tsukuba, 1-1-1 Tennodai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-8573, Japan
-  M. R. Anderberg, “Cluster Analysis for Applications,” Academic Press, New York, 1973.
-  J. C. Bezdek, “Pattern Recognition with Fuzzy Objective Function Algorithms,” Plenum Press, New York, 1981.
-  S. Miyamoto and M. Mukaidono, “Fuzzy c-means as a regularization and maximum entropy approach,” Proc. of the 7th Int. Fuzzy Systems Association World Congress (IFSA’97), Vol.2, pp. 86-92, 1997.
-  D. E. Gustafson and W. C. Kessel, “Fuzzy clustering with a fuzzy covariance matrix,” IEEE Conf. on Decision and Control including the 17th Symposium on Adaptive Processes, pp. 761-766, 1978.
-  F. Höppne, F. Klawonn, R. Kruse, and T. Runkler, “Fuzzy Cluster Analysis,” John Wiley & Sons, Chichester, 1999.
-  K. Honda and H. Ichihashi, “Linear fuzzy clustering techniques with missing values and their application to local principal component analysis,” IEEE Trans. on Fuzzy Systems, Vol.12, No.2, pp. 183-193, 2004.
-  S. Miyamoto and N. Kurosawa, “Controlling cluster volume sizes in fuzzy c-means clustering,” Proc. of SCIS & ISIS 2004, pp. 1-4, 2004.
-  Y. Hamasuna, Y. Endo, and S. Miyamoto, “On Tolerant Fuzzy c-Means Clustering,” J. of Advanced Computational Intelligence and Intelligent Informatics (JACIII), Vol.13, No.4, pp. 421-428, 2009.
-  Y. Hamasuna, Y. Endo, and S. Miyamoto, “On Tolerant Fuzzy c-Means Clustering and Tolerant Possibilistic Clustering,” Soft Computing, Vol.14, No.5, pp. 487-494, 2010.
-  Y. Endo, R. Murata, H. Haruyama, and S. Miyamoto, “Fuzzy cmeans for data with tolerance,” Proc. of Int. Symposium on Nonlinear Theory and Its Applications (Nolta2005), pp. 345-348, 2005.
-  Y. Hasegawa, Y. Endo, Y. Hamasuna, and S. Miyamoto, “Fuzzy c-means for data with tolerance defined as hyper-rectangle,” Proc. of Modeling Decisions for Artificial Intelligence (MDAI2007), pp. 237-248, 2007.
-  Y. Hamasuna, Y. Endo, Y. Hasegawa, and S. Miyamoto, “Two clustering algorithms for data with tolerance based on hard c-means,” Proc of 2007 IEEE Int. Conf. on Fuzzy Systems (FUZZ-IEEE 2007), pp. 688-691, 2007.
-  Y. Hamasuna, Y. Endo, and S. Miyamoto, “Comparison of Tolerant Fuzzy c-Means Clustering with L2- and L1-Regularization,” Proc. of 2009 IEEE Int. Conf. on Granular Computing (GrC2009), pp. 197-202, 2009.
-  Y. Hamasuna, Y. Endo, and S. Miyamoto, “On Tolerant Fuzzy c-Means Clustering with L1-Regularization,” Int. Fuzzy Systems Association European Society for Fuzzy Logic and Technology (IFSA-EUSFLAT2009), pp. 1152-1157, 2009.
-  R. Tibshirani, “Regression shrinkage and selection via the lasso,” J. of the Royal Statistical Society, Series B, Vol.58, No.1, pp. 267-288, 1996.
-  J. Kazama and J. Tsujii, “Evaluation and extension of maximum entropy models with in equality constraints,” Proc. of 2003 Conf. on Empirical Methods in Natural Language Processing (EMNLP2003), pp. 137-144, 2003.
-  G. C. Cawley, N. L. C. Talbot, and M. Girolami, “Sparse multinomial logistic regression via bayesian L1 regularization,” Advances in Neural Information Processing Systems (NIPS2006), 2006.
-  S. Miyamoto, H. Ichihashi, and K. Honda, “Algorithms for Fuzzy Clustering,” Springer, Heidelberg, 2008.
-  S. Miyamoto, “Formulation of fuzzy c-means clustering using calculus of variations and twofold membership clusters,” J. of Advanced Computational Intelligence and Intelligent Informatics (JACIII), Vol.12, No.5, pp. 454-460, 2008.
-  P. M. Williams, “Bayesian regularization and pruning using a laplace prior,” Neural Computation, Vol.7, No.1, pp. 117-143, 1995.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.