Performance Analysis of Container Unloading Operations at the Port of Suva Using a Simplified Analytical Model (SAM)
Shivendra Kumar* and Ljubo Vlacic**
*Memcor Aust. Pty Ltd, Siemens Water Technologies, NSW, Australia
University of the South Pacific, Suva, Fiji Islands
**Intelligent Control Systems Laboratory, Griffith University, QLD, Australia
-  U. Dorndorf, J. Herbers, E. Panascia, and H. Zimmermann, “Ports O’ Call or O.R Problems,” ORMS Today. Vol.34, No.2, pp. 36-40, 2007.
-  W. Yun and Y. Choi, “A simulation model for container terminal operations analysis using an object oriented approach,” Int. Journal of Production Economics, Vol.59, pp. 221-230, 1999.
-  A. Narasimhan and U. Palekar, “Analysis and Algorithms for the transtainer routing problem in container port operations,” Transportation Science, Vol.36, pp. 64-78, 2002.
-  H. Gunther and K. Kim, “Container terminals and terminal operations,” Operations Research Spectrum, Vol.28. pp. 437-445, 2006.
-  V. Botti, “Multi-agent system technology in a Port Container Terminal Operation,” ECRIM Newsletter, Vol.56, pp. 36-38, 2004.
-  Tahar and Hussain, “Simulation and analysis for the Kelang Container Terminal Operations,” Logistics Information Management, Vol.13 (1), pp. 14-20, 2000.
-  R. Alami, S. Fleury, M. Herrb, and I. Robert, “Multi-Robot cooperation in the MARTHA project,”IEEE Robotics and Automation magazine. pp. 36-47, 1998.
-  K. Kim, S. Won, J. Lim, and T. Takahashi, “An architectural design of control software for automated container terminals,” Computers and Industrial Engineering. Vol.46. pp. 741-754, 2004.
-  J. Evers and S. Koppers, “Automated Guided Vehicle traffic control at a container terminal,” Transportation Research, Vol.30(1), pp. 21-34, 1996.
-  S. Kumar, L. Vlacic, T. Yamada, M. Matsui, and A. Ming, “Key Issues on implementing cooperative mobile robot technologies for port automation tasks,” Proc. of the Int. Conf. on Computational Intelligence, Robotics and Autonomous Systems. Singapore, Dec. 13-16, 2005.
-  A. Engwirda, L. Vlacic, M. Kajitani, and M. Hitchins, “Cooperation Among Autonomous Robots: Unsignalised Road Intersection Problem in Distributed Autonomous Robotic Systems (3) by T. Lueth, R. Dillman, P. Dario, and H. Worn,” Springer Verlag, Germany. pp. 151-160, 1998.
-  A. Ming, V. Masek, C. Kanamori, and M. Kajitani, “Cooperative Operations of Two mobile robots in Distributed Autonomous Systems (3) by T. Lueth, R. Dillman, P. Dario, and H. Worn,” Springer Verlag, Germany. pp. 151-160, 1998.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.