A Proposal of a Language-Based Context-Sensitive Programming System
Toru Sugimoto*, Noriko Ito**, and Shino Iwashita***
*Faculty of Engineering, Shibaura Institute of Technology, 3-7-5 Toyosu, Koto-ku, Tokyo 135-8548, Japan
**Faculty of Culture and Information Science, Doshisha University, 1-3 Tatara Miyakodani, Kyotanabe, Kyoto 610-0394, Japan
***School of Computer Science, Tokyo University of Technology, 1404 Katakura, Hachioji, Tokyo 192-0982, Japan
-  J. F. Allen, D. K. Byron, M. Dzikovska, G. Ferguson, L. Galescu, and A. Stent, “Towards conversational human-computer interaction,” AI Magazine, Vol.22, No.4, pp. 27-38, 2001.
-  J. Chu-Carroll, “MIMIC: An adaptive mixed initiative spoken dialogue system for information queries,” Proc. the 6th ACL Conf. on Applied Natural Language Processing, pp. 97-104, 2000.
-  A. W. Biermann, B. W. Ballard, and A. H. Sigmon, “An experimental study of natural language programming,” Int. Journal of Man-Machine Studies, Vol.18, No.1, pp. 71-87, 1983.
-  K. Sugiyama, M. Kameda, K. Akiyama, and A. Makinouchi, “Understanding of Japanese in an interactive programming system,” Proc. the 10th Int. Conf. on Computational Linguistics, pp. 385-388, 1984.
-  D. D. Dankel, M. S. Schmalz, and K. S. Nielsen, “Understanding natural language software specifications,” Proc. the 14th Int. Avignon Conf., pp. 25-34, 1994.
-  D. Price, E. Riloff, J. Zachary, and B. Harvey, “NaturalJava: a natural language interface for programming in Java,” Proc. the 2000 Int. Conf. on Intelligent User Interfaces, pp. 207-211, 2000.
-  T. Sugimoto, N. Ito, S. Iwashita, and M. Sugeno, “Programming in everyday language: a case for email management,” Journal of Advanced Computational Intelligence and Intelligent Informatics, Vol.18, No.1, pp. 821-829, 2006.
-  W. Mann and S. A. Thompson, “Rhetorical structure theory: toward a functional theory of text organization,” Text, Vol.8, No.3, pp. 243-281, 1988.
-  J. F. Pane, C. A. Ratanamahatana, and B. A. Myers, “Studying the language and structure in non-programmers’ solutions to programming problems,” International Journal of Human-Computer Studies, Vol.54, No.2, pp. 237-264, 2001.
-  N. Ito, T. Sugimoto, Y. Takahashi, S. Iwashita, and M. Sugeno, “Computational models of language within context and contextsensitive language understanding,” Journal of Advanced Computational Intelligence and Intelligent Informatics, Vol.18, No.1, pp. 782-790, 2006.
-  M. A. K. Halliday and C. M. I. M. Matthiessen, “An introduction to functional grammar,” Third edition, Arnold, London, 2004.
-  D. Marcu, “The theory and practice of discourse parsing and summarization,” MIT Press, 2000.
-  P. Graham, “Better Bayesian filtering,” Proc. the 2003 Spam Conf., 2003.
-  S. Williams, “Dialogue management in a mixed-initiative, cooperative, spoken language system,” Proc. the 11th Twente Workshop on Language Technology, 1996.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.