Hardware Feedback Self-Organizing Map and its Application to Mobile Robot Location Identification
Hiroomi Hikawa*, Kazutoshi Harada*, and Takenori Hirabayashi**
* Dept. of Computer Science and Intelligent Systems, Oita University, Oita 870-1192, Japan
** Shinko Electric Co., Ltd., Minato-ku, Tokyo 105-8564, Japan
-  T. Kohonen, “Self-Organizing Maps,” 3rd, ser. Springer Series in Information Sciences 30, New York, Springer-Verlag, 2001.
-  R. Mann and S. Haykin, “A parallel implementation of Kohonen feature maps on the warp systolic computer,” Proc. of IJCNN1990, Vol.2, pp. 84-87, 1990.
-  D. C. Hendry, A. A. Duncan, and N. Lightowler, “IP Core Implementation of a Self-Organizing Neural Network,” IEEE Trans. on Neural Networks, Vol.14, No.5, pp. 1085-1096, Sep. 2003.
-  H. Tamukoh, T. Aso, K. Horio, and T. Yamakawa, “Self-Organizing Map Hardware Accelerator System and its Application to Realtime Image Enlargement,” Proc. of IJCNN2004, pp. 2683-2687, Sep. 2003.
-  H. Hikawa, “A New Pulse Mode Self Organizing Map Hardware with Digital Phase Locked Loops,” Proc. of IJCNN2005, pp. 2855-2860, 2005.
-  H. Hikawa, “FPGA implementation of self organizing map with digital phase locked loops,” Neural Networks, Vol.18, No.5-6, pp. 514-522, Jun.-Jul. 2005.
-  K. Horio and T. Yamakawa, “Feedback Self-Organizing Map and Its Application to Spatio-Temporal Pattern Classification,” Int. Journal of Computational Intelligence and Applications, Vol.1, pp. 1-18, 2001.
-  H. Wakuya, H. Harada, and K. Shida “An architecture of selforganizing map for temporal signal processing and its application to a Braille recognition task,” IEICE Transactions on Information and Systems, Vol.E87-D, No.3, p.796, Mar. 2004.
-  R. Chatila, “Deliberation and reactivity in autonomous mobile robots,” Robotics and Autonomous Systems, Vol.16, pp. 197-211, 1995.
-  B. Mailachalam and T. Srikanthan “Area-time issues in the VLSI implementation of self organizing map neural networks,” Microprocessors and Microsystems, Vol.26, No.9-10, pp. 399-406, 2002.
-  M. Jordan, “Attractor dynamics and parallelism in a connectionist sequential machine,” Proc. of Eighth Annual Conf. of the Cognitive Science Society, pp. 513-546, 1986.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.