Knowledge Engineering and Embedded Systems Software: Educational Challenges
Eastern Washington University, 319 F Computing & Engineering Building, Cheney, WA 99004-2493, USA
-  “Research and Engineering of Intelligent Systems,” NIST, Intelligent Systems Division.
-  J. Turley, “The Two Percent Solution,” Embedded Systems Design, 2002.
-  “The Economic Impacts of Inadequate Infrastructure for Sofware Testing,” National Institute of Standard and Technology, Final Report.
-  “Curriculum Guidelines for Undergraduate Degree Programs in Computer Engineering,” IEEE Computer Society; ACM, December, 2004.
-  “Automotive Electronics: Model-Based Development with Virtual Prototypes,” white paper: Automotive Electronics, Vase systems technology.
-  M. Müllerburg, “Software Intensive Embedded Systems,” Information and Software Technology, Vol.41, Issue 14, pp. 979-984, November 5, 1999.
-  The 2005 Embedded Software Strategic Market Intelligence Program, Vol.VIII: Embedded Systems Market Statistics, January, 2006.
-  “Embedded Systems and the Future of Swedish IT-research,” A network for Real-time research and graduate Education in Sweden, Report to the Swedish Foundation for Strategic Research (SSF).
-  N. G. Leveson, “Medical Devices: Therac-25,”
Original paper: N. Leveson and C. S. Turner, “An Investigation of the Therac-25 Accidents,” IEEE Computer, Vol.26, No.7, pp. 18-41, July, 1993.
-  D. Gage and J. McCormick, “We did nothing wrong: Why software quality matters,” International Atomic Energy Agency, March, 2004.
-  P. Koopman, H. Choset, R. Gandhi, B. H. Krogh, D. Marculescu, P. Narasimhan, J. M. Paul, R. Rajkumar, D. P. Siewiorek, A. Smailagic, P. Steenkiste, D. E. Thomas, and C. Wang, “Undergraduate Embedded System Education at Carnegie Mellon,” ACM Transaction on Embedded Computing Systems, Vol.4, No.3, pp. 500-528, August, 2005.
-  J. Sztipanovits, G. Biswas, K. Frampton, A. S. Gokhale, L. Howard, G. Karsai, T. J. Koo, X. Koutsoukos, and D. C. Schmidt, “Introducing embedded software and systems education and advanced learning technology in an engineering curriculum,” ACM Transactions on Embedded Computing Systems (TECS) archive Vol.4, Issue 3, table of contents, pp. 549-568, August, 2005.
-  D. J. Jackson and P. Caspi, “Embedded systems education: future directions, initiatives, and cooperation,” ACM SIGBED Review, Special issue: The first workshop on embedded system education (WESE), Vol.2, Issue 4, pp. 1-4, October, 2005.
-  A White Paper on: The 2005 Embedded Software Strategic Market Intelligence Program, Vol.V: Linux in the Embedded Systems Market, Venture Development Corporation, November, 2005.
-  R. Balamuralikrishna, R. Athinarayanan, and X. Song, “The Relevance of Concurrent Engineering in Industrial Technology Programs,” Journal of Industrial Technology, National Association of Industrial Technology, Vol.16, No.3, 2000.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.