Constructing Cost-Sensitive Fuzzy-Rule-Based Systems for Pattern Classification Problems
Tomoharu Nakashima*, Yasuyuki Yokota*, Hisao Ishibuchi*,
Gerald Schaefer**, Aleš Drastich***, and Michal Závišek***
*Department of Computer Science and Intelligent Systems, Osaka Prefecture University, 1-1 Gakuen-cho, Naka-ku, Sakai, Osaka 599-8531, Japan
**School of Engineering and Applied Science, Aston University, Aston Triangle, Birmingham B4 7ET, U.K.
***Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Communication, Brno University of Technology, 61200 Brno, Královo Pole, Kolejní 4, Czech Republic
-  C. C. Lee, “Fuzzy Logic in Control Systems: Fuzzy Logic Controller Part I and Part II,” IEEE Trans. Syst., Man, Cyberetics, Vol.20, pp. 404-435, 1990.
-  C. T. Leondes, “Fuzzy theory Systems,” Techniques and Applications. Academic Press, San Diego, Vol.1-4, 1999.
-  M. Sugeno, “An Introductory Survey of Fuzzy Control,” Information Science, Vol.30, No.1/2, pp. 59-83, 1985.
-  H. Ishibuchi, T. Nakashima, and M. Nii, “Fuzzy IF-THEN Rules for Pattern Classification,” Fuzzy If-Then Rules in Computational Intelligence: Theory and Applications, Kluwer Academic Publishers, pp. 267-295, May, 2000.
-  H. Ishibuchi, T. Nakashima, and T. Morisawa, “Voting in Fuzzy Rule-Based Systems for Pattern Classification Problems,” Fuzzy Sets and Systems, Vol.103, No.2, pp.223-238, April, 1999.
-  H. Ishibuchi and T. Nakashima, “Performance evaluation of fuzzy classifier systems for multi-dimensional pattern classification problems,” IEEE Trans. on Syst., Man, Cybernetics, Part B, Vol.29, pp. 601-618, 1999.
-  H. Ishibuchi and T. Nakashima, “Improving the performance of fuzzy classifier systems for pattern classification problems with continuous attributes,” IEEE Trans. on Industrial Electronics, Vol.46, No.6, pp. 1057-1068, 1999.
-  H. Ishibuchi, K. Nozaki, N. Yamamoto, and H. Tanaka, “Selecting fuzzy if-then rules for classification problems using genetic algorithms,” IEEE Trans. on Fuzzy Systems, Vol.3, No.3, pp. 260-270, 1995.
-  Y. Yuan and H. Zhang, “A genetic algorithms for generating fuzzy classification rules,” Fuzzy Sets and Systems, Vol.84, No.1, pp. 1-19, 1996.
-  R. O. Duda, P. E. Hart, and D. G. Stork, “Pattern Classification,” Wiley Interscience, 2001.
-  P. Domingos, “Metacost: A General Method for Making Classifiers Cost Sensitive,” In Proceedings Fifth International Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining, pp. 155-164, 1999.
-  S. Beck, R. Mikut, and J. Jakel, “A Cost-Sensitive Learning,” Algorithm for Fuzzy Rule – Based Classifiersh Mathware & soft computing, Vol.11, No.2/3, pp. 179-195, 2005.
-  K. Nozaki, H. Ishibuchi, and H. Tanaka, “Adaptive fuzzy rule-based classification systems,” IEEE Trans. on Fuzzy Systems, Vol.4, No.3, pp. 238-250, 1996.
-  G. J. Klir and B. Yuan, “Fuzzy Sets and Fuzzy Logic,” Prentice-Hall, 1995.
-  H. Ishibuchi, K. Nozaki, and H. Tanaka, “Distributed representation of fuzzy rules and its application to pattern classification,” Fuzzy Sets and Systems, Vol.52, No.1, pp. 21-32, 1992.
-  M. Grabisch, “The representation of importance and interaction of features by fuzzy measures,” Pattern Recognition Letters, Vol.17, pp. 567-575, 1996.
-  M. Grabisch and F. Dispot, “A comparison of some methods of fuzzy classification on real data,” Proc. of 2nd Intl. Conf. on Fuzzy Logic and Neural Networks, pp. 659-662, 1992.
-  M. Grabisch and J.-M. Nicolas, “Classification by fuzzy integral: performance and tests,” Fuzzy Sets and Systems, Vol.65, No.2/3, pp. 255-271, 1994.
-  H. Ishibuchi and T. Nakashima, “The Effect of rule weights in fuzzy rule-based classification systems,” IEEE Trans. on Fuzzy Systems, Vol.9, No.4, pp. 506-515, 2001.
-  D. J. Newman, S. Hettich, C. L. Blake, and C. J. Merz, UCI Repository of machine learning databases, 1998.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.