A Regularization Approach to Fuzzy Clustering with Nonlinear Membership Weights
Katsuhiro Honda and Hidetomo Ichihashi
Graduate School of Engineering, Osaka Prefecture University, 1-1 Gakuen-cho, Nakaku, Sakai, Osaka 599-8531, Japan
-  J. B. MacQueen, “Some methods of classification and analysis of multivariate observations,” Proc. 5th Berkeley Symposium on Math. Stat. and Prob., pp. 281-297, 1967.
-  J. C. Bezdek, “Pattern Recognition with Fuzzy Objective Function Algorithms,” Plenum Press, 1981.
-  S. Miyamoto and M. Mukaidono, “Fuzzy c-means as a regularization and maximum entropy approach,” Proc. 7th Int. Fuzzy Syst. Assoc. World Cong., Vol.2, pp. 86-92, 1997.
-  S. Miyamoto and K. Umayahara, “Fuzzy clustering by quadratic regularization,” Proc. 1998 IEEE Int. Conf. Fuzzy Syst., pp. 1394-1399, 1998.
-  F. Höppner, F. Klawonn, R. Kruse, and T. Runkler, “Fuzzy Cluster Analysis,” John Wiley & Sons, 1999.
-  Z.-Q. Liu and S. Miyamoto (eds.), “Soft Computing and Human-Centered Machines,” Springer-Verlag, 2000.
-  R. Krishnapuram and J. M. Keller, “A possibilistic approach to clustering,” IEEE Trans. Fuzzy Syst., Vol.1, pp. 98-110, 1993.
-  H. Ichihashi, K. Miyagishi, and K. Honda, “Fuzzy c-means clustering with regularization by K-L information,” Proc. 2001 IEEE Int. Conf. Fuzzy Syst., pp. 924-927, 2001.
-  M. Yasuda, T. Furuhashi, M. Matsuzaki, and S. Okuma, “Fuzzy clustering using deterministic annealing method and its statistical mechanical characteristics,” Proc. 2001 IEEE Int. Conf. Fuzzy Syst., 2001.
-  M. Menard, V. Courboulay, and P.-A. Dardignac, “Possibilistic and probabilistic fuzzy clustering: Unification within the framework of the non-extensive thermostatistics,” Pattern Recognition, Vol.36, No.6, pp. 1325-1342, 2003.
-  K. Honda and H. Ichihashi, “Regularized linear fuzzy clustering and probabilistic PCA mixture models,” IEEE Trans. Fuzzy Syst., Vol.13, No.4, pp. 508-516, 2005.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.