Dynamic Sense Representation Using Conceptual Fuzzy Sets
Hiroshi Sekiya, Takeshi Kondo, Makoto Hashimoto,
and Tomohiro Takagi
Department of Computer Science, Meiji University, 1-1-1 Higashi Mita, Tama-ku, Kawasaki-shi, Kanagawa 214-8571, Japan
-  T. Takagi, A. Imura, H. Ushida, and T. Yamaguchi, “Conceptual Fuzzy Sets as a Meaning Representation and their Inductive Construction,” International Journal of Intelligent Systems, Vol.10, pp. 929-945, 1995.
-  T. Takagi, A. Imura, H. Ushida, and T. Yamaguchi, “Multi-layered Reasoning by Means of Conceptual Fuzzy Sets,” International Journal of Intelligent Systems, Vol.11, pp. 97-111, 1996.
-  G. Miller, “WordNet: An On-line Lexical Database,” International Journal of Lexicography, Vol.3(4), pp. 235-312, 1990.
-  E. M. Voorhees, “Using WordNet to Disambiguate Word Senses for Text Retrieval,” Proceedings of the 16th International ACM SIGIR Conference, Pittsburgh, PA, pp. 171-180, 1993.
-  C. Stokoe, M. P. Oakes, and J. Tait, “Word Sense Disambiguation in Information Retrieval Revisited,” Proceedings of the 26th Annual International ACM SIGIR Conference, Toronto, Canada, pp. 159-166, 2003.
-  F. Jelinek, “Self-organized language modeling for speech recognition,” Readings in Speech Recognition, Morgan Kaufmann Publishers, San Francisco, pp. 450-506, 1990.
-  The AQUAINT Corpus
-  R. Krovetz, “Homonymy and Polysemy in Information Retrieval,” Proceedings of the 8th Conference on European Chapter of the Association for Computational Linguistics, pp. 72-79, 1997.
-  B. M. Slator and Y. A. Wilks, “Towards semantic structures from dictionary entries,” Proceedings of the 2nd Annual Rocky Mountain Conference on Artificial Intelligence, Boulder, Colorado, pp. 85-96, 1987.
-  A. Kilgarriff, “Dictionary Word Sense Distinctions: An enquiry into their nature,” Computers and the Humanities, 26, pp. 365-387, 1993.
-  D. Tufiş, R. Ion, and N. Ide, “Fine-Grained Word Sense Disambiguation Based on Parallel Corpora, Word Alignment, Word Clustering and Aligned Wordnets,” Proceedings of the 20th International Conference on Computational Linguistics, Geneva, pp. 1312-1318, 2004.
-  A. Meillet, “Linguistique historique et linguistique générale,”Vol.1, Champion, Paris, 1926.
-  L. Wittgenstein, “Philosophische Untersuchungen,” Suhrkamp, Frankfurt am Main, 1953.
-  A. E. Goldberg, “Constructions: A Construction Grammar Approach to Argument Structure,” University of Chicago Press, Chicago, 1995.
-  D. Yarowsky, “One Sense Per Collocation,” Proceedings of the ARPA Human Language Technology Workshop, pp. 266-271, 1993.
-  J. P. Callan, W. B. Croft, and J. Broglio, “TREC and TIPSTER Experiments with INQUERY,” Information Processing and Management, 31(3), pp. 327-343, 1994.
-  J. Xu and W. B. Croft, “Improving the effectiveness of information retrieval with local context analysis,” ACM Transactions on Information Systems (TOIS), Vol.18, Issue 1, pp. 79-112, 2000.
-  N. Ide and J. Véronis, “Word Sense Disambiguation: The State of The Art,” Computational Linguistics, Vol.24(1), pp. 1-41, 1998.
-  I. H. Witten and T. C. Bell, “The Zero-Frequency Problem: Estimating the Probabilities of Novel Events in AdaptiveText Compression,” IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, 37(4), pp. 1085-1094, 1991.
-  R. Hecht-Nielsen, “A Theory of Cerebral Cortex,” UCSD Institute for Neural Computation Technical Report #0401, 2004.
-  R. Hecht-Nielsen, “A Theory of Cerebral Cortex,” UCSD Institute for Neural Computation Technical Report #0404, 2004.
-  G. G. Turrigiano and S. B. Nelson, “Homeostatic Plasticity in the Developing Nervous System,” Nature Rev. Neurosci., 5, pp. 97-107, 2004.
-  G. G. Turrigiano and S. B. Nelson, “Hebb and Homeostasis in Neuronal Plasticity,” Curr. Opin. Neurobiol., 10, pp. 358-364, 2000.
-  G. G. Turrigiano, K. R. Leslie, N. S. Desai, L. C. Rutherford, and S. B. Nelson, “Activity-dependent Scaling of Quantal Amplitude in Neocortical Pyramidal Neurons,” Nature, 391, pp. 892-895, 1998.
-  N. S. Desai, R. H. Cudmore, S. B. Nelson, and G. G. Turrigiano, “Critical Periods for Experience-dependent Synaptic Scaling in Visual Cortex,” Nature Neurosci., 8, pp. 783-789, 2002.
-  E. Marder and A. A. Prinz, “Current Compensation in Neuronal Homeostasis,” Neuron, 37, pp. 2-4, 2003.
-  E. Marder and A. A. Prinz, “Modeling Stability in Neuron and Network Function: The Role of Activity in Homeostasis,” BioEssays, 24, pp. 1145-1154, 2002.
-  H. Sekiya, T. Kondo, M. Hashimoto, and T. Takagi, “Context Representation Using Word Sequences Extracted from a News Corpus,” Proc. of North American Fuzzy Information Processing Society Annual Conference (NAFIPS’05), 2005.
-  D. Yarowsky, “Decision Lists for Lexical Ambiguity Resolution: Application to Accent Restoration in Spanish and French,” Proceedings of the 32nd Annual Meeting of the Association for Computational Linguistics, Las Cruces, pp. 88-95, 1994.
-  D. Yarowsky, “A Comparison of Corpus-based Techniques for Restoring Accents in Spanish and French Text,” Proceedings of the 2nd Annual Workshop on Very Large Text Corpora, Las Cruces, pp. 19-32, 1994.
-  K. G. Dahlgren, “Naive Semantics for Natural Language Understanding,” Kluwer Academic Publishers, Boston, 1988.
-  H. Schütze and O. Pedersen, “Information Retrieval Based on Word Sense,” Proceedings of the Symposium on Document Analysis and Information Retrieval, pp. 161-175, 1995.
-  T. Kitagawa and Y. Kiyoki, “A mathematical model of meaning and its application to multidatabase systems,” Proceedings of 3rd IEEE International Workshop on Research Issues on Data Engineering: Interoperability in Multidatabase Systems, pp. 130-135, 1993.
-  A. Takano, Y. Niwa, S. Nishioka, M. Iwayama, T. Hisamitsu, O. Imaichi, and H. Sakurai, “Information Access Based on Associative Calculation,” SOFSEM 2000, LNCS Vol.1963, pp. 187-201, 2000.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.