Pipeline Valve Control Based on EVALPSN Safety Verification
School of Human Science and Environment, University of Hyogo, 1-1-12 Shinzaike, Himeji 670-0092, Japan
We have developed an annotated logic program called an Extended Vector Annotated Logic Program with Strong Negation (abbr. EVALPSN), which can deal with defeasible deontic reasoning and contradiction. We have already applied EVALPSN to safety verification and control such as railway interlocking safety verification. In this paper, we show how to apply EVALPSN to pipeline valve control with an example for brewery pipeline valve control. The safety verification control is based on EVALPSN programming to avoid unexpected mix of different sorts of liquid.
-  K. Nakamatsu, J. M. Abe, and A. Suzuki, “A Defeasible Deontic Reasoning System Based on Annotated Logic Programming,” Proc. the Fourth International Conference on Computing Anticipatory Systems, AIP Conference Proceedings, Vol.573, pp. 609-620, American Institute of Physics, 2001.
-  K. Nakamatsu, J. M. Abe, and A. Suzuki, “Annotated Semantics for Defeasible Deontic Reasoning,” Proc. the Second International Conference on Rough Sets and Current Trends in Computing, LNAI, Vol.2005, pp. 432-440, Springer-Verlag, 2001.
-  K. Nakamatsu, H. Suito, J. M. Abe, and A. Suzuki, “Paraconsistent Logic Program Based Safety Verification for Air Traffic Control,” Proc. 2002 IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man and Cybernetics (CD-ROM), IEEE, 2002.
-  K. Nakamatsu, J. M. Abe, and A. Suzuki, “A Railway Interlocking Safety Verification System Based on Abductive Paraconsistent Logic Programming,” Soft Computing Systems, Frontiers in AI Applications, Vol.87, pp. 775-784, IOS Press, 2002.
-  K. Nakamatsu, T. Seno, J. M. Abe, and A. Suzuki, “Intelligent Real-time Traffic Signal Control Based on a Paraconsistent Logic Program EVALP,” Proc. the 9th International Conference on Rough Sets, Fuzzy Sets, Data Mining and Granular Computing, LNCS, Vol.2639, pp. 719-723, Springer-Verlag, 2003.
-  K. Nakamatsu, J. M. Abe, and A. Suzuki, “Defeasible Deontic Robot Control Based on Extended Vector Annotated Logic Programming,” Proc. the Fifth International Conference on Computing Anticipatory Systems, AIP Conference Proceedings, Vol.627, pp. 490-500, American Institute of Physics, 2002.
-  H. A. Blair and V. S. Subrahmanian, “Paraconsistent Logic Programming,” Theoretical Computer Science, Vol.68, pp. 135-154, 1989.
-  K. Nakamatsu, J. M. Abe, and A. Suzuki, “Defeasible Reasoning Between Conflicting Agents Based on VALPSN,” Proc. AAAI Workshop Agents’ Conflicts, pp. 20-27, AAAI Press, 1999.
-  N. C. A. da Costa, V. S. Subrahmanian, and C. Vago, “The Paraconsistent Logics PT,” Zeitschrift für Mathematische Logic und Grundlangen der Mathematik, Vol.37, pp. 139-148, 1991.
-  J. W. Lloyd, “Foundations of Logic Programming,” 2nd edition, Springer-Verlag, 1987.
-  M. Gelfond and V. Lifschitz, “The Stable Model Semantics for Logic Programming,” Proc. 5th International Conference and Symposium on Logic Programming, pp. 1070-1080, MIT Press, 1989.
-  A. V. Gelder, K. A. Ross, and J. S. Schlipf, “The Well-Founded Semantics for General Logic Programs,” J. the Association for Computing Machinery, Vol.38, pp. 620-650, ACM, 1991.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.