Design of a Closed-Loop Supply Chain with Stochastic Product Returns
Aya Ishigaki*,†, Tetsuo Yamada**, and Surendra M. Gupta***
*Tokyo University of Science
2641 Yamazaki, Noda, Chiba 278-8510, Japan
**The University of Electro-Communications, Tokyo, Japan
***Northeastern University, Boston, USA
-  M. A. Ilgin and S. M. Gupta, “Environmentally conscious manufacturing and product recovery (ECMPRO): A review of the state of the art,” J. of Environmental Management, Vol.91, pp. 563-591, 2010.
-  F. M. Asif, C. Bianchi, A. Rashid, and C. M. Nicolescu, “Performance analysis of the closed loop supply chain,” J. of Remanufacturing, Vol.2, No.4, 2012. DOI: 10.1186/2210-4690-2-4
-  S. M. Gupta, “Reverse Supply Chains: Issues and Analysis,” CRC Press, 2013.
-  J. Kurilova-Palisaitiene and E. Sundin, “Challenges and opportunities of lean remanufacturing,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.8, pp. 644-652, 2014.
-  D. A. Schrady, “A deterministic inventory model for reparable items,” Naval Research Logistics Quarterly, Vol.14, pp. 391-398, 1967.
-  M. C. Mabini, L. M. Pintelon, and L. F. Gelders, “EOQ type formulations for controlling repairable inventories,” Int. J. of Production Economics, Vol.28, pp. 21-33, 1992.
-  E. A. Silver, D. F. Pyke, and R. Peterson, “Inventory management and production planning and scheduling,” New York: Wiley, 1998.
-  K. Richter and I. Dobos, “Analysis of the EOQ repair and waste disposal problem with integer setup numbers,” Int. J. of Production Economics, Vol.59, pp. 463-467, 1999.
-  S. Mitra and A. K. Chatterjee, “Leveraging information in multi-echelon inventory systems,” European J. of Operational Research, Vol.152, pp. 263-280, 2004.
-  S. Mitra, “Analysis of a two-echelon inventory system with returns,” Omega, Vol.37, pp. 106-115, 2009.
-  S. Mitra, “Inventory management in a two-echelon closed-loop supply chain with correlated demands and returns,” Computers & Industrial Engineering, Vol.62, pp. 870-879, 2012.
-  T. Nonaka and N. Fujii, “An EOQ model for reuse and recycling considering the balance of supply and demand,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.9, pp. 303-311, 2015.
-  J. Murakami, A. Ishigak, and T. Yamada, “Influence of economic order quantity by time variation of the collection amount in closed-loop supply chains,” J. of the Society of Plant Engineers Japan, Vol.27, pp. 19-27, 2015 (in Japanese).
-  M. Fleischmann, J. M. Bloemhof-Ruwaard, R. Dekker, E. van der Laan, J. van Nunen, and L. N. van Wassenhove, “Quantitative models for reverse logistics: a review,” European J. of Operational Research, Vol.103, pp. 1-17, 1997.
-  A. Korugan and S. M. Gupta, “A multi-echelon inventory system with returns,” Computers & Industrial Engineering, Vol.35, pp. 145-148, 1998.
-  S. Minner, “Strategic safety stocks in reverse logistics supply chains,” Int. J. of Production Economics, Vol.71, pp. 417-428, 2001.
-  M. Fleischmann, R. Kuik, and R. Dekker, “Controlling inventories with stochastic item returns: a basic model,” European J. of Operational Research, Vol.138, pp. 63-75, 2002.
-  K. Nakashima, H. Arimitsu, T. Nose, and S. Kuriyama, “Analysis of a product recovery system,” Int. J. of Production Research, Vol.40, pp. 3849-3856, 2002.
-  K. Takahashi, K. Morikawa, D. Takeda, and A. Mizuno, “Inventory control for a MARKOVIAN remanufacturing system with stochastic decomposition process,” Int. J. of Production Economics, Vol.108, pp. 416-425, 2007.
-  E. Müller, L. M. Hilty, R. Widmer, M. Schluep, and M. Faulstich, “Modeling Metal Stocks and Flows: A Review of Dynamic Material Flow Analysis Methods,” Environmental Science and Technology, Vol.48, pp. 2102-2113, 2014.
-  M. Oguchi, S. Murakami, T. Tasaki, I. Daigo, and S. Hashimoto, “Lifespan of Commodities, Part II: Methodologies for Estimating Lifespan Distribution of Commodities,” J. of Industrial Ecology, Vol.14, pp. 613-626, 2010.
-  B. Rai and N. Singh, “Customer-rush near warranty expiration limit, and nonparametric hazard rate estimation from known mileage accumulation rates,” IEEE Trans. on Reliability, Vol.55, pp. 480-489, 2006.
-  S. Takata and T. Sakai, “Modelling product returns taking sales modes into account,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.3, pp. 71-76, 2009.
-  Y. Kinoshita, T. Yamada, S. M. Gupta, A. Ishigaki, and M. Inoue, “Analysis of Environmental and Economic Disassembly Parts Selection by Goal Programming,” Procedia CIRP, Vol.40, pp. 162-167, 2016.
-  Y. Kinoshita, T. Yamada, S. M. Gupta, A. Ishigaki, and M. Inoue, “Disassembly parts selection and analysis for recycling rate and cost by goal programming,” J. of Advanced Mechanical Design, Systems, and Manufacturing, Vol.10, 2016.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.