On the Development of a Control System for a Small Bio-Methane Gas Engine Generator
Koichi Okamura*1, Yijun Dong*2,†, Kenji Takahata*2, and Jianming Yang*2
*1Churyo Engineering Co.,Ltd, Nagoya, Japan
*2The Faculty of Science and Technology, Meijo University
1-501 Shiogamaguchi, Tenpaku-ku, Nagoya 568-8502, Japan
-  M. Rabe and M. Deininger, “State of Art and Research Demands for Simulation Modeling of Green Supply Chains,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.6, No.3, pp. 296-303, 2012.
-  T. Arai, et al., “Development of High Efficiency Gas Engine for Green House Gas Reduction,” Mitsubishi Juko Giho, Vol.41, pp. 216-219, 2004.
-  A. Robert, “A Study on Biogas-Fueled SI Engines: Effects of Fuel Composition on Emissions and Catalyst Performance,” Diss. University of Toronto, 2014.
-  S. Patel, et al., “Biogas Potential on Long Island, New York: A Quantification Study,” J. of Renewable Sustainable Energy, Vol.3, Issue 4, 043118, 2011.
-  E. Porpatham, et al., “Investigation on the Effect of Concentration of Methane in Biogas when Used as a Fuel for a Spark Ignition Engine,” Fuel, Vol.87, Issue 8-9, pp. 1651-1659, 2008.
-  S. Dasappa, et al., “On the Estimation of Power from a Diesel Engine Converted for Gas Operation – A Simple Analysis,” Proc. (ASTRA), 17th National Conf. on IC Engines and Combustion, 2001.
-  D. Lancaster, “Effects of Engine Variables on Turbulence in a Spark-Ignition Engine,” SAE technical paper 760159, pp. 671-688, 1976.
-  S. Swami Nathan, et al., “An Experimental Study of the Biogas-diesel HCCI Mode of Engine Operation,” Energy Conversion and Management, Vol.51, No.7, pp. 1347-1353, 2010.
-  H. Tamura, T. Hirano, and H. Murano, “Construction of The GET System,” Academic J. of Meijo University Faculty of Agriculture, No.49, pp. 1-10, 2013.
-  K. Okamura, et al., “Development of Bio-methane Production Cycle System Simulator,” The Proc. of the 14th Symposium on Construction Robotics in Japan, pp. 307-312, 2014.
-  K. Okamura, et al., “Development of Input Fluctuation System Generation Efficiency Inspection Simulator,” Robotics and Mechantronics Congress Proc. in Japan, 1P2-D07, 2014.
-  S. Y. Ragadia and R. C. Iyer, “A Review Paper on Theoretical & Experimental Investigations of a Biogas Engine Technology,” IJSRD, Paper 2321-0613, 2015.
-  B. Kapadia, “Development of SI engine for 100% biogas operation,” Thesis for the degree of Master of Science, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Indian Institute of Science Bangalore, 2006.
-  G. S. Jatana, M. Himabindu, S. Hari Thakur, and R. V. Ravikrishna, “Strategies for high efficiency and stability in biogas-fueled small engines,” J. Expt. Ther. and flu. Sci., Vol.54, pp. 189-195, 2014.
-  R. C. Meyer, D. P. Meyers, S. R. King, and W. E. Liss, “Effect of spark plug number and location in natural gas engines,” J. of Engg. Gas. Tur. and Pow., Vol.114, pp. 475-479, 1992.
-  E. Porpatham, et al., “Effect of Swirl on the Performance and Combustion of a Biogas Fuelled Spark Ignition Engine,” Energy Conversion and Management, Vol.76, pp. 463-471, 2013.
-  J. P. Gomez Montoya, et al., “Experimental Study of Spark Ignition Engine Performance and Emissions,” Thermal Science, Vol.19, No.6, pp. 1919-1930, 2015.
-  A. Sobiesiak and S. Zhang, “The first and second law analysis of spark ignition engine fuelled with compressed natural gas,” SAE Paper 2003-01-3091, 2003.
-  D. S. K. Ting and M. D. Checkel, “The effects of turbulence on spark-ignited, ultra lean, premixed methane-air flame growth in a combustion chamber,” SAE Paper 952410, 1995.
-  Y. Dong, et al., “Research on Small Conventional Bio-Methane Gas Engine Generator with Auxiliary Devices,” 2016 JSAE Annual Congress Proc., 055ms.
-  Y. Yildiz, et al., “Spark Ignition Engine Fuel-to-Air Ratio Control An Adaptive Control Approach,” Control Engineering Practice, Vol.18, No.12, pp. 1369-1378, 2010.
-  P. R. Crossley and J. A. Cook, “A nonlinear engine model for drivetrain system development,” Control 1991, Int. Conf. on. IET, pp. 921-925, 1991.
-  https://www.mathworks.com/help/simulink/examples/modeling-engine-timing-using-triggered-subsystems.html [accessed Sep. 1, 2016]
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.