Characteristic Model-Based Discrete Adaptive Sliding Mode Control for System with Time Delay
Hua Zhong†, Junhong Yu, and Hanzheng Ran
Institute of Electronic Engineering, China Academy of Engineering Physics
Mianyang 621999, China
A novel characteristic model-based discrete sliding mode control (CMDSMC) for time delay system is presented in this paper. Firstly, to solve the challenge of establishing a accurate and simple model for time delay system, characteristic theory is applied to establish characteristic mode with time delay. Secondly, due to the uncertainties of time delay system, discrete sliding mode control based on characteristic model is proposed and stability analysis is done. At last, two illustrative examples taken from literatures are included to indicate the simplicity and superiority of the proposed method.
-  Y. H. Lee, J. S. Lee, and S. W. Park, “PID controller tuning for integrating and unstable processes with time delay,” Chemical Engineering Science, Vol.55, pp. 3481–3493, 2000.
-  P. R. Sree, M. N. Srinivas, and M. Chidambaram, “A simple method of tuning PID controllers for stable and unstable FOPTD systems,” Computers and Chemical Engineering, Vol.28, pp. 2201–2218, 2004.
-  S. Vivek and M. Chidambaram, “An improved relay auto tuning of PID controllers for unstable FOPTD systems,” Computers and Chemical Engineering, Vol.29, pp. 2060–2068, 2005.
-  M. Shamsuzzoha and M. Y. Lee, “Analytical design of enhanced PID filter controller for integrating and first order unstable processes with time delay,” Chemical Engineering Science, Vol.63, pp. 2717–2731, 2008.
-  Y. J. Cheon, H. R. Kyung, W. S. Su, J. Lee, and I. B. Lee, “PID auto-tuning using new model reduction method and explicit PID tuning rule for a fractional order plus time delay model,” Journal of Process Control, Vol.24, pp. 113–128, 2014.
-  S. Zhao and Z. Q. Gao, “Modified active disturbance rejection control for time-delay systems,” ISA Transactions, Vol.53, pp. 882–888, 2014.
-  Q. L. Zheng and Z. Q. Gao, “Predictive active disturbance rejection control for processes with time delay,” ISA Transactions, Vol.53, pp. 873–881, 2014.
-  T. C. Kuo, Y. J. Huang, and S. H. Chang, “Sliding mode control with self-tuning law for uncertain nonlinear systems,” ISA Transactions, Vol.47, pp. 171–178, 2008.
-  C. Qin, S. Zhong, and J. Q. Sun, “Sliding mode control experiments of uncertain dynamical systems with time delay,” Commun Nonlinear Sci Numer Simulat, Vol.18, pp. 3558–3566, 2013.
-  A. A. Khandekar, G. M. Malwatkar, and B. M. Patre, “Discrete sliding mode control for robust tracking of higher order delay time systems with experimental application,” ISA Transactions, Vol.52, pp. 36–44, 2013.
-  G. Ablay, “Variable structure controllers for unstable processes,” Journal of Process Control, Vol.32, pp. 10–15, 2015.
-  H. X. Wu, J. Hu, and Y. C. Xie, “Characteristic model-based intelligent adaptive control,” Science and Technology Press of China, 2009.
-  H. X. Wu, J. Hu, and Y. C. Xie, “Characteristic model-based all-coefficient adaptive control method and its applications,” IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, Part C: Applications and Reviews, Vol.37, No.2, pp. 213–221, 2007.
-  C. Zhou, Y. Shi, S. Yang et al., “Characteristic model-based adaptive discrete-time sliding mode control for the swing arm in a Fourier transform spectrometer,” IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, Part C: Applications and Reviews, Vol.42, No.6, pp. 1633–1643, 2012.
-  C. Oscar, R. Ruben, and GG. Winston, “Some long time delay sliding mode control approaches,” ISA Transactions, Vol.46, pp. 95–101, 2007.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.