Ontology Modeling for Intelligent Computer-Aided Design of Apparel Products
Yu Zhao*,**, Feng Dai**, Madan M. Gupta***, and Wenjun Zhang*,**,***,†
*School of Mechanical Engineering, East China University of Science and Technology
130 Meilong Rd, Xuhui, Shanghai 200237, China
**Division of Biomedical Engineering, University of Saskatchewan, Canada
***Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Saskatchewan, Canada
-  H. Carr and J. Pomeroy, “Fashion design and product development,” Blackwell, 1992.
-  Wikipedia, “Clothing,” http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:
Clothing_by_type [accessed Jan., 2015]
-  J. W. Wang, H. F. Wang, J. L. Ding, K. Furuta, T. Kanno, W. H. Ip, and W. J. Zhang, “On domain modelling of the service system with its application to enterprise information systems,” Enterprise Information Systems, (ahead-of-print), pp. 1–16, 2013.
-  N. P. Suh, “Axiomatic Design: Advances and Applications,” The Oxford Series on Advanced Manufacturing, 2001.
-  Z. M. Bi, Y. Lin, and W. J. Zhang, “The general architecture of adaptive robotic systems for manufacturing applications,” Robotics and Computer-Integrated Manufacturing, Vol.26, No.5, pp. 461–470, 2010.
-  Y. Zhao, F. Dai, M. M. Gupta, and W. J. Zhang, “On conceptual modeling of apparel products,” Proc. CAD’15, London, UK, pp. 237–242, 2015.
-  L. E. Dunne, B. Smyth, and B. Caulfield, “Evaluating the impact of garment structure on wearable sensor performance,” In Wearable Computers, 2007 11th IEEE Int. Symposium on (pp. 123–124).
-  V. F. Ambrosiani and B. D. Lassiter, U. S. Patent No. 4, 690, 847, Washington, DC: U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 1987.
-  K. B. Buell, U.S. Patent No.4, 704, 115, Washington, DC, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 1987.
-  G. Huffman and H. A. Pieniak, U.S. Patent No.5, 451, 442, Washington, DC, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 1995.
-  M. H. Linfe, U. S. Patent No.3, 266, 070, Washington, DC, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 1966.
-  E. J. Tibljas, U.S. Patent No. 5,347,659, Washington, DC, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 1994.
-  Y. L. Choi, Y. Nam, K. M. Choi, and M. H. Cui, “A method for garment pattern generation by flattening 3D body scan data,” In Digital Human Modeling, Springer Berlin Heidelberg, pp. 803–812, 2007.
-  H. Daanen and S. A. Hong, “Made-to-measure pattern development based on 3D whole body scans,” Int. Journal of Clothing Science and Technology, Vol.20, No.1, pp. 15–25, 2008.
-  Y. C. Yang and W. Y. Zhang, “Prototype garment pattern flattening based on individual 3D virtual dummy,” Int. Journal of Clothing Science and Technology, Vol.19, No.5, pp. 334–348, 2007.
-  J. J. Fang and Y. Ding, “Expert-based customized pattern-making automation: Part I. Basic patterns,” Int. Journal of Clothing Science and Technology, Vol.20, No.1, pp. 26–40, 2008.
-  H. Okabe, H. Imaoka, T. Tomiha, and H. Niwaya, “Three dimensional apparel CAD system,” In ACM SIGGRAPH Computer Graphics, ACM, Vol.26, No.2, pp. 105–110, July 1992.
-  W. J. Zhang, “An integrated environment for CADCAM of mechanical systems,” Doctoral dissertation, Delft University of Technology, The Netherland, 1994.
-  W. J. Zhang and K. van der Werff, “A critique of conceptual data modeling notions relative to the machine design domain,” Proc. 1994 ASME Engineering Database Symposium’94, pp. 59–66, Minneapolis, USA, Sept. 11-14, 1994.
-  W. J. Zhang and Q. Li, “Information modelling for made-to-order virtual enterprise manufacturing systems,” Computer-Aided Design, Vol.31, No.10, pp. 611–619, 1999.
-  Q. Li, W. J. Zhang, and S. K. Tso, “Generalization of strategies for product data modeling with special reference to Instance-As-Type problem,” Computers in Industry, Vol.41, No.1, pp. 25–34, 2000.
-  http://www.sew-brilliant.org/2010/08/20/front-bodice-block-done [accessed Jan., 2015]
-  http://wikieducator.org/Handout_for_ drafting_skirt_block/Handout, [accessed Jan., 2015]
-  Dictionary.com, Dart, http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/dart [accessed Oct., 2013]
-  http://static1.squarespace.com/static/534d1b21e4b077040469bae0slash tslash 544f56cae4b07bff886a6ac9/1414485706733/make+a+wrap
+skirt_2, [accessed Jan., 2015]
-  C. J. Date, An introduction to database systems, Reading, Mass., Addison-Wesley, Vol.7, 1986.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.