Development of Online Real-Time Collision Free Machining Using Simulation with CNC Openness
Tomoya Hida*, Tetsuya Asano*, Kazuhiro Nishita*, Norio Sakai*, Akinobu Goto**, and Yoshimi Takeuchi***
*Aikoku Alpha Corporation
Morikami, Sobue, Inazawa, Aichi 495-8501, Japan
**American Aikoku Alpha Inc.
520 Lake Cook Road, Suite 180 Deerfield, Illinois 60015, USA
***Department of Mechanical Engineering, Chubu University
1200 Matsumoto, Kasugai, Aichi 487-8501, Japan
-  Y. Takeuchi and T. Watanabe, “Generation of 5-axis Control Collision-Free Tool Path and Postprocessing for NC-Data,” Annals of the CIRP, Vol.41, No.1, pp. 539-542, 1992.
-  B. Lauwers, J. P. Kruth, P. Dejonghe, and R. Vreys, “Efficient NC-Programming of Multi-Axes Milling Machines Through the Integration of Tool Path Generation and NC-Simulation,” Annals of CIRP, Vol.49, No.1, pp. 367-370, 2000.
-  X. Tian, H. Deng, M. Fujishima, and K. Yamazaki, “Quick 3D Modeling of Machining Environment by Means of On-machine Stereo Vision with Digital Decomposition,” Annals of CIRP, Vol.56, No.1, pp. 411-414, 2007.
-  M. Kanamaru, N. Sakai, A. Goto, and T. Hida, “Development of Simulation Technology for 5-Axis Machines -Verification of Material Removal Model and Collision Avoidance-,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.1, No.2, pp. 141-146, 2007.
-  FANUC, Lathe/Machining Center Users-Manual, B-63944JA/02, pp. 952.
-  Okuma, OSP-E100M/OSP-E10M Programming Instruction (4th Edition), Pub. No.MJ33-015-R4, p. 18, 2001.
-  FANUC, F30i-A(J)-05, p. 5, 2008.
-  M. Sudo, “Advanced Control Technologies for 5-Axis Machining,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.1, No.2, pp. 108-112, 2007.
-  S. Du, T. Surmann, T. Webber, and K. Weinert, “Formulating swept profiles for Five-Axis tool motions,” Int. Journal of Machine Tools & Manufacture, Vol.45, pp. 849-861, 2005.
-  O. Ilushin, G. Elber, D. Halperin, R. Wein, and M. Kim, “Precise global collision detection in multi-axis NC-machining,” Computer-Aided Design, Vol.37, pp. 909-920, 2005.
-  R. O. Andersen, “Detecting and eliminating collisions in NC machining,” Computer-Aided Design, Vol.10, No.4, pp. 231-237, 1978.
-  S. Takata, M. D. Tsai, M. Inui, and T. Sata, “A cutting simulation system for machinability evaluation using a workpiece model,” Annals of the CIRP, Vol.38, No.1, pp. 417-420, 1989.
-  W. H. Walstra, W. F. Bronsvoort, and J. S. M. Vergeest, “Interactive Simulation of Robot Milling For Rapid Shape Prototyping,” Computer & Graphics, Vol.18, No.6, pp. 861-871, 1994.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.