Calibration of Double Priority Camera Based on Circle Planar Target
Rui-Yin Tang*,†, Hong-Kun He*, Zhou-Mo Zeng**, and Feng Gao*
*College of Electrical Engineering, Hebei United University
46 Xinhua Road, Tangshan 063009, China
**State Key Laboratory of Precision Measuring Technology and Instruments, Tianjin University
92 Weijin Road, Nankai District, Tianjin 300072, China
After the advantages and disadvantages of current methods of calibration are analyzed and contrasted, the comparatively widely applied Zhang Zhengyou calibration method is adopted in this paper, but it is used to solve problems in a different way. The calibration of a double-priority camera on the basis of a round planar target is proposed, and a computation method based on the on-line intersection of the two circles with the closest proximity is put forward to fix the center of a circle. This method of calibration is simple and flexible, with good robustness, precision, and practical value.
-  J.-J. Fan, F. Liu, and Q. Xu, “A Camera Self-calibration Method Based on Genetic Algorithm and LM Algorithm [J],” Journal of Nanjing University of Posts and Telecommunications (Natural Science), Vol.31, No.5, pp. 23-26, 2011.
-  H. Hu and Z. Jiang, “Camera self-calibration method based on genetic algorithm[J],” Computer Engineering and Design, Vol.30, No.1, pp. 204 -206, 2009.
-  W. Faig, Calibration of close-range photogrammetric systems: mathematical formulation, photogrammetrcing, Remote sensing, Vol.41, No.12, pp. 1479-1486, 1975.
-  Y. I. Abdel-Aziz and H. M. Karara, “Direct Linear Transformation from Comparator Coordinates into Object Space Coordinates,” ASP Symposium on Close-Range Photogrammetry, pp. 1-18, 1971.
-  Y. Tsai Roger, “A Versatile Camera Calibration Technique for High-Accuracy 3D Machine Vision Metrology Using Off-the-Shelf TV Camera and Lenses,” IEEE Journal of Robotics and Automation, Vol.3, No.4, pp. 323-344, 1987.
-  Z. Y. Zhang, “Flexible Camera Calibration by Viewing a Plane from Unknown Orientations,” Proc. ICCV99, pp. 666-673, 1999.
-  H. A. Martins, J. R. Birk, and R. B. Kelley, “Camera models based no data from two calibration planes,” Computer Graphics and Imaging Processing, 17, pp. 173-180, 1981.
-  R.-Y. Tang, Z.-M. Zeng, H.-K. He, and Z.-K. Chen, “Planeness Measurement of Computer Hard-disk Surface Based on Opto-Mechatronics Technology[J],” International Journal of Automation Technology, pp. 171-175, 2013.
-  X. Cao, “Foroosh H Camera calibration without metric information using 1D Objects[J],” International Conference on Image Processing, 2, pp. 1349-1352, 2004.
-  P. Hammarstedt, P. Sturm, and A. Heyden, “Degenerate cases and closed-form solutions for camera calibration with one-dimensional objects[J],” 10th IEEE International Conference on Computer Vision, 1, pp. 317-324, 2005.
-  X. He, “Estimation of internal and external parameters for camera calibration using 1D pattern [J],” Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Video and Signal Based Surveillance( AVSS’ 06), IEEE Computer Society, Los Alamitos, CA, USA, pp. 93-93, 2006.
-  X.-Q. Meng, H. Li, and Z. Hu, “A new easy camera calibration technique based on circular points [J],” Pattern Recognition, Vol.36, No.5, pp. 1155-1164, 2003.
-  C. Harris and M. Stephens, “A combined corner and edge detector[C],” Proceedings 4th Alvey Vision Conference, pp. 147-151, 1988.
-  M. Trajkovic and M. Hedley, “Fast corner detection [J],” Image and Vision Computing, Vol.16, No.2, pp. 75-87, 1998.
-  P. Kierkegaard, “A method for detection of circular arcs based on the Hough transform [J],” Machine Visio n and Applications, 5, pp. 249-263, 1992.
-  X. Peng, W. Jianye, and W. Yanru, “Calculation exact center coordinate of a target circle in camera calibration [J],” Infrared and Laser Engineering, Vol.40, No.7, pp. 1342-1346, 2011.
-  J. Guo and X.-Y. Liu, “Sub-pixel target location for camera calibration [J],” Transducer and Microsystem Technologies, Vol.2, pp. 106-108, 2008.
-  Y.-D. Qu, C.-S. Cui, and S.-B. Chen, “A Fast Subpixel Edge Measurement Method Based on Sobel-Zernike Moment Operator [J],” Opto-Electronic Engineering, Vol.30, No.5, pp. 59-61, 2003.
-  F. Qi, “Camera calibration with one-dimensional objects moving under gravity[J],” Pattern Recognition, Vol.40, No.1, pp. 343-345, 2007.
-  F. Qi, “Constraints on general motions for camera calibration with one-dimensional objects[J],” Pattern Recognition, Vol.40, No.6, pp. 1785-1792, 2007.
-  Z. Zhang, S. Huang, S. Meng, F. Gao, and X. Jiang, “A simple, flexible and automatic 3D calibration method for a phase calculation-based fringe projection imaging system,” Opt. Express 21, pp. 12218-12227, 2013.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.