Development of Turning Machine Operation Interface that Uses Haptic Device
Raiyo Oka and Koichi Morishige
Faculty of Informatics and Engineering, Department of Mechanical Engineering and Intelligent Systems, The University of Electro-Communications, Chofugaoka 1-5-1, Chofu-shi, Tokyo 182-8585, Japan
-  M. A. Srinivasan and C. Basdogan, “Haptics in virtual environments: Taxonomy, research status, and challenges,” Computers and Graphics, Vol.21, No.4, pp. 393-404, 1997.
-  K. Hikichi, H. Morino, I. Arimoto, I. Fukuda, S. Matsumoto, M. Iijima, K. Sezaki, and Y. Yasuda, “Architecture of Haptics Communication System for adaptation to network environments,” in Proc. IEEE ICME 2001, pp. 563-566, 2001.
-  H. Kato, K. Kobayashi, and S. Liu, “Skill Learning in Manual Machine Tool Operation: Development of New Virtual Lathe and Study on Minute Grooving by Using It,” J. of the Japan Society of Precision Engineering, Vol.62, No.7, pp. 999-1003, 1996.
-  K. Imanishi, M. Nakao, T. Kuroda, and H. Oyama, “Haptic Navigation Method for Improving Safety of Master-Slave Type Robotic Surgery,” Trans. of the Virtual Reality Society of Japan, Vol.8, No.3, pp. 321-328, 2003.
-  K. Morishige, “Development of Operation Interface for Multi-Axis Controlled Machine Tools Using Haptic Device – Examination of Basic Function and Tool Path Generation –,” Int. Symp. on Flexible Automation, 0026-a, 2006.
-  F. Crison, A. Lecuyer, D. Huart, J. M. Burkhardt, G. Michel, and J. L. Dautin, “Virtual Technical Trainer: Learning How to Use Milling Machines with Multi-Sensory Feedback in Virtual Reality,” Proc. of IEEE Int. Conf. on Virtual Reality, pp. 139-145, 2005.
-  M. Arbabtafti, M. Moghaddam, A. Nahvi, M.Mahvash, B. Richardson, and B. Shirinzadeh, “Physics-Based Haptic Simulation of Bone Machining,” IEEE Trans. on Haptics, Vol.4, No.1, pp. 39-50, 2011.
-  K. Watanuki, “Knowledge Acquisition and Job Training for Advanced Technical Skills by Using Immersive Virtual Environment,” J. of the Japan Society of Precision Engineering, Vol.72, No.1, pp. 46-51, 2006.
-  K. Kobayashi, N. Hashimoto, and H. Kato, “Simulation of Boring Operation with Lathe by Means of Mixed Reality,” Trans. of the Virtual Reality Society of Japan, Vol.4, No.4, pp. 685-690, 1999.
-  T. Ito and H. Miyata, “Development of force-feedback interface for drilling simulation,” The Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, Vol.43, pp. 343-344, 2005.
-  J. K. Salisbury and M. A. Srinivasan, “Phantom-based haptic interaction with virtual objects,” IEEE Computer Graphics and Applications, Vol.17, No.5, pp. 6-10, 1997.
-  D. C. Ruspini, K. Kolarov, and O. Khatib, “The haptic display of complex graphical environments,” SIGGRAPH 97, pp. 345-352, 1997.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.