Burnishing Process Using Spherical 5-DOF Hybrid-Type Parallel Mechanism with Force Control
Masato Okada, Hiroaki Kozuka, Hiroshi Tachiya,
Taira Iwasaki, and Yorihiro Yamashita
Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Institute of Science and Engineering, Kanazawa University, Kakuma-machi, Kanazawa, Ishikawa 920-1192, Japan
-  K. Konefal, M. Korzynski, Z. Byczkowska, and K. Korzynska, “Improved corrosion resistance of stainless steel X6CrNiMoTi17-12-2 by slide diamond burnishing,” J. Materials Processing Technology, Vol.213, No.11, pp. 1997-2004, 2013.
-  H. Luo, J. Liu, L. Wang, and Q. Zhong, “Study of the mechanism of the burnishing process with cylindrical polycrystalline diamond tools,” J. Materials Processing Technology, Vol.180, No.1-3, pp. 9-16, 2006.
-  M. Korzynski, J. Lubas, S. Swirad, and K. Dudek, “Surface layer characteristics due to slide diamond burnishing with a cylindricalended tool,” J. Materials Processing Technology, Vol.211, No.1, pp. 84-94, 2011.
-  A. Sagbas, “Analysis and optimization of surface roughness in the ball burnishing process using response surface methodology and desirabilty function,” Advances in Engineering Software, Vol.42, No.11, pp. 992-998, 2011.
-  F. L. Li, W. Xia, Z. Y. Zhou, J. Zhao, and Z. Q. Tang, “Analytical prediction and experimental verification of surface roughness during the burnishing process,” Int. J.Machine Tools and Manufacture, Vol.62, pp. 67-75, 2012.
-  M. Korzunski, J. Lubas, S. Swirad, and K. Dudek, “Surface layer characteristics due to slide diamond burnishing with a cylindricalended tool,” J. Materials Processing Technology, Vol.211, No.1, pp. 84-94, 2011.
-  H. Tanaka, K. Nishinaka, and K. Yanagi, “Development of hydraulic burnishing tool for discontinuous surface finishing: Machining characteristics of hydrostatic burnishing tool with single crystal diamond tip,” J. the JSTP, Vol.53, No.621, pp. 924-928, 2012. (in Japanese)
-  S. Ibaraki, T. Yokawa, A.Matsubara, Y. Kakino, M. Nakagawa, and T. Matsushita, “A Study on the Improvement of Motion Accuracy of Hexapod-type Parallel Mechanism Machine Tools (3rd Report) : A Kinematic Calibration Method Considering Gravity-induced Errors,” J. the JSPE, Vol.72, No.3, pp. 355-359, 2006. (in Japanese)
-  T. Oiwa, “Precision Mechanisms Based on Parallel Kinematics,” Int. J. Automation Technology, Vol.4, No.4, pp. 326-337, 2010.
-  H. Yachi and H. Tachiya, “Calibration Method for a Parallel Mechanism Type Machine Tool by Response Surface Methodology – Consideration via Simulation on a Stewart Platform Mechanism –,” Int. J. Automation Technology, Vol.4, No.4, pp. 355-363, 2010.
-  H. Tachiya, Y. Yamamoto, N. Hashimoto, and Y. Kaneko, “Evaluation of Output Errors of Multiple Degree-of-Freedom Mechanisms to the Forces in Arbitrary Direction – Proposal of an Evaluation Method and Improvement of Rigidity of a Spatial 3-dof Parallel Mechanism –,” Trans. of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, Series C, Vol.71, No.701, pp. 214-220, 2005. (in Japanese)
-  H. Yachi, H. Tachiya, T. Umi, and R. Hattori, “Tool Path Generation for a Parallel Mechanism Machine Tool by Predicting Its Output Motion,” Trans. of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, Series C, Vol.75, No.752, pp. 1114-1121, 2009. (in Japanese)
-  H. Tachiya, Y. Aoki, H. Yachi, and M. Takeda, “Calibration of Parallel Mechanisms for Machine Tools Using Response Surface Methodology,” Trans. of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, Series C, Vol.76, No.767, pp. 1870-1877, 2010. (in Japanese)
-  J. J. Craig, “Introduction to Robotics: Mechanics and Control (3rd Ed.),” Prentice Hall, ISBN-10:0201543613, 2004.
-  H. Seraji, D. Lim, and R. Steele, “Experiments in Contact Control,” J. Robotic Systems, Vol.13, No.2, pp. 53-73, 1996.
-  Z.-X. Peng and N. Adachi, “Position and Force Control of Manipulators without Using Force Sensors,” JSME Int. J. Ser. III Vibration, Control Engineering, Engineering for Industry, Vol.35, No.2, pp. 252-258, 1992.
-  H. Arai, “Robotic Metal Spinning – Shear Spinning Using Force Feedback Control –,” J. the Robotics Society of Japan, Vol.22, No.6, pp. 798-805, 2003. (in Japanese)
-  K. Kosuge, K. Takeo, D. Taguchi, T. Fukuda, and H. Murakami, “Task-Oriented Force Control of Parallel Link Robot for the Assembly of Segments of a Shield Tunnel Excavation System,” IEEE/ASME Trans. on Mechatronics, Vol.1, No.3, pp. 250-258, 1996.
-  M. Korzynski, “Modeling and experimental validation of the forcesurface roughness relation for smoothing burnishing with a spherical tool,” Int. J. Machine Tools and Manufacture, Vol.47, No.12-13, pp. 1956-1964, 2007.
-  X. Yu and L. Wang, “Effect of various parameters on the surface roughness of an aluminium alloy burnished with a spherical surfaced polycrystalline diamond tool,” Int. J.Machine Tools andManufacture, Vol.39, No.3, pp. 459-469, 1999.
-  H. Tanaka, H. Tabuto, K. Yanagi, andM. Futamura, “Effect of surface hardened steel texture of preliminary process on burnishing process – A metrological study of hardened steel surface finishing using diamond burnishing tool –,” J. the JSTP, Vol.50, No.581, pp. 555-559, 2009. (in Japanese)
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.