Development of Inspection Machine that Detect Small Particles Added on Surface with Precise Pattern by Capturing Backwards Scattered Polarized Light
Tsuyoshi Nomura, Tatsuo Nagasaki, and Masami Ito
Panasonic Corporation, 2-7 Matsuba-cho, Kadoma City, Osaka 571-8502, Japan
The paper discusses the development of inspectionmachine to detect small particle by capturing backwards scattered polarized light. The proposed optical system consists of very low angle (2°) horizontal line laser light with S polarized characteristics and angle 150° backwards line CCD Camera to capture P polarized light from particles on wafer or glass and so on. This system is confirmed to apply the real production of wafer or glass.
-  N. Akiyama, Y. Oshima, M. Koizumi, M. Akiba, and H. Nagatomo, “Automatic Inspection of Foreign Particles on Patterned Sample by Means of Polarized Laser,” SICE, Vol.17, No.2, pp. 237-242, 1981.
-  M. Koizumi and N. Ayiyama, “Analysis of Light reflected from the Micro-Patterns on the Lsi Surfaces,” SICE, Vol.21, No.8, pp. 856-862, 1985.
-  M. Koizumi and N. Akiyama, “Contaminant Detection Method Utilizing Polarization Characteristics of Light Reflected from Lsi Patterns,” SICE, Vol.25, No.9, pp. 954-961, 1989.
-  N. Akiyama, “Contaminants Inspection Technology for Semiconductor Industry,” JSPE, Vol.55, No.2, pp. 294-298, 1989.
-  A. Nakamura, N. Akiyama, T. Taniuchi, and S. Chikamatsu, “Development of Illumination system for Detection of Small Particles with High Illuminannce using Laser Diode,” JSPE, Vol.61, No.12, pp. 1730-1734, 1995.
-  N. Akiyama, Y. Maruyama, M. Yoshida, Y. Yatsugake, “Simulation of Light Scattered by Particles on Silicon Wafer Deposited with Sio2 Thin Film,” JSPE, Vol.67, No.10, pp. 1642-1646, 2001.
-  N. Akiyama, T. Suzuki, K. Kawata, and M. Yoshida, “Detection of Light Scattered by Particles on Silicon Wafer with Sio2 Thin Film,” JSPE, Vol.68, No.4, pp. 531-535, 2002.
-  N. Akiyama, F. Mizuno, M. Ikota, and K. Takami, “Particle Detection Technology on Wafer Using Spatial Filter,” JSPE, Vol.58, No.11, pp. 1909-1914, 1992.
-  N. Akiyama, T. Nakata, H. Makihira etc., “Development of Particle Detection System using Subtracted Image Signal,” JSPE, Vol.57, No.11, pp. 1955-1960, 1991.
-  A. Nakamura, N. Akiyama, T. Yachi, and S. Chikamatsu, “Detection of Small Particles on TFT-LCD Using Comparison Method along Scanning Direction of Image Sensor,” JSPE, Vol.61, No.6, pp. 864-868, 1995.
-  M. Born and E. Wolf, “Principles of Optics,” Oxford PERGAMON PRESS, 1975.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.