The Development of an Autonomous Robot System for Patrolling in Multi-Floor Structured Environment
Tao He*, Masashi Bando*, Michele Guarnieri**,
and Shigeo Hirose*,***
*Department of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering, Tokyo Institute of Technology, 2-12-1 Ookayama, Meguro-Ku, Tokyo 152-8552, Japan
***Super Mechano-System Innovation and Development Center
-  H. R. Everett and D. W. Gage, “A Third Generation Security Robot,” SPIE Mobile Robot and Automated Vehicle Control Systems, Boston, MA, 20-21, Vol.2903, November 1996.
-  P. Biber, S. Fleck, and T. Duckett, “3D Modeling of Indoor Environments for a Robotic Security Guard,” in Proc. IEEE Computer Society Conf. on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, Washington, DC, USA, Vol.03, 2005.
-  S. D. Herbert et al., “Loper: A Quadruped-Hybrid Stair Climbing Robot,” in Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 799-804, 2008.
-  J. Liu, Y. Wang, S. Ma, and B. Li, “Analysis of Stairs-Climbing Ability for a Tracked Reconfigurable Modular Robot,” in Proc. IEEE Int. Workshop Saf., Sec. Rescue Robot., Japan, pp. 36-41, Jun. 2005.
-  O. Wulf, D. Lecking, and B. Wagner, “Robust Self-Localization in Industrial Environments Based on 3D Ceiling Structures,” Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, 2006.
-  V. Nguyen, S. Gächter, A. Martinelli, N. Tomatis, R. Siegwart, “A Comparison of Line Extraction Algorithms Using 2D Range Data for Indoor Mobile Robotics,” Autonomous Robots, Vol.23, No.2, pp. 97-111, 2007.
-  O. Wulf and B. Wagner, “Fast 3D Scanning Methods for Laser Measurement Systems,” in Proc. Int. Conf. on Control Systems and Computer Science, Bucharest, Romania, 2003.
-  H. I. Sohn and B. K. Kim, “A Robust Localization Algorithm for Mobile Robots with Laser Range Finders,” in Proc. Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, Barcelona, Spain, 2005.
-  K. O. Arras, J. A. Castellanos, M. Schilt, and R. Siegwart, “Feature-Based Multi-Hypothesis Localization and Tracking Using Geometric Constraints,” Robotics and Autonomous Systems, Vol.44, pp. 41-53, 2003.
-  G. A. Borges and M. J. Aldon, “Robustified Estimation Algorithms for Mobile Robot Localization Based on Geometrical Environment Maps,” Robotics and Autonomous Systems, Vol.45, Issue 3, pp. 131-159, 2003.
-  P. Jensfelt and S. Kristensen, “Active Global Localization for a Mobile Robot Using Multiple Hypothesis Tracking,” IEEE Trans. on Robotics and Automation, Vol.17, Issue 5, pp. 748-760, 2001.
-  J. Minguez and L. Montano, “Nearness Diagram (ND) Navigation: Collision Avoidance in Troublesome Scenarios,” IEEE Trans. on Robotics and Automation, Vol.20, Issue 1, pp. 45-59, 2004.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.