Design of a Pressure Observer and its Application to a Low-Cost Pneumatic Control System
Takahiro Kosaki and Manabu Sano
Department of Systems Engineering, Hiroshima City University, 3-4-1 Ozuka-higashi, Asaminami-ku, Hiroshima 731-3194, Japan
-  T. Kosaki and M. Sano, “An observer-based friction compensation technique for positioning control of a pneumatic servo system,” J. of System Design and Dynamics, 3-1, pp. 37-46, 2009.
-  B. Friedland and Y.-J. Park, “On adaptive friction compensation,” IEEE Trans. on Automatic Control, 37-10, pp. 1609-1612, 1992.
-  J. Amin, B. Friedland, and A. Harnoy, “Implementation of a friction estimation and compensation technique,” IEEE Control Systems Magazine, 17-4, pp. 71-76, 1997.
-  S. Tafazoli, C.W. de Silva, and P. D. Lawrence, “Tracking control of an electrohydraulic manipulator,” IEEE Trans. on Control Systems Technology, 6-3, pp. 401-411, 1998.
-  J. Wu, M. Goldfarb, and E. Barth, “On the observability of pressure in a pneumatic servo actuator,” ASME J. of Dynamic Systems, Measurement, and Control, 126, pp. 921-924, 2004.
-  P. Bigras and K. Khayati, “Nonlinear observer for pneumatic system with non negligible connection port restriction,” Proc. of the American Control Conference, pp. 3191-3195, 2002.
-  S. R. Pandian, F. Takemura, Y. Hayakawa, and S. Kawamura, “Pressure observer-controller design for pneumatic cylinder actuators,” IEEE/ASME Trans. on Mechatronics, 7-4, pp. 490-499, 2002.
-  N. Gulati and E. J. Barth, “Non-linear pressure observer design for pneumatic actuators,” Proc. of the IEEE/ASME Int. Conf. on Advanced Intelligent Mechatronics, pp. 783-788, 2005.
-  N. Gulati and E. J. Barth, “Pressure observer based servo control of pneumatic actuators,” Proc. of the IEEE/ASME Int. Conf. on Advanced Intelligent Mechatronics, pp. 498-503, 2005.
-  M. Takaiwa and T. Noritsugu, “Development of pneumatic human interface and its application to compliance display,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, 13-5, pp. 472-478, 2001.
-  T. Murakami, F. Yu, and K. Ohnishi, “A dynamical approach to force control without force sensor,” Proc. of the IMACS/SICE Int. Symposium on Robotics, Mechatronics and Manufacturing Systems, pp. 1361-1366, 1992.
-  K. Ohishi, M. Miyazaki, M. Fujita, and Y. Ogino, “Force control without force sensor based on mixed sensitivity H∞ design method,” Proc. of the IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 1356-1361, 1992.
-  J. L. Shearer, “Study of pneumatic processes in the continuous control of motion with compressed Air-I,” Trans. of the ASME, 78, pp. 233-242, 1956.
-  J. E. Bobrow and B. W. McDonell, “Modeling, identification, and control of a pneumatically actuated, force controllable robot,” IEEE Trans. on Robotics and Automation, 14-5, pp. 732-742, 1998.
-  S. Kawamura, K. Miyata, H. Hanafusa, and K. Ishida, “PI type hierarchical feedback control scheme for pneumatic robots,” Proc. of the IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 1853-1858, 1989.
-  T. Noritsugu and M. Takaiwa, “Robust positioning control of pneumatic servo system with pressure control loop,” Proc. of the IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 2613-2618, 1995.
-  G. Alici, “Determination of singularity contours for five-bar planar parallel manipulators,” Robotica, 18, pp. 569-575, 2000.
-  G. Alici, “An inverse position analysis of five-bar planar parallel manipulators,” Robotica, 20, pp. 195-201, 2002.
-  K. J. Åström and T. Hägglund, “Advanced PID control,” Research Triangle Park, NC: ISA, 2005.
-  M. Kaneko, N. Imamura, K. Yokoi, and K. Tanie, “Direct compliance control of manipulator arms-Basic concept and application examples,” IFAC Robot Control, pp. 365-370, 1988.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.