Flexible Sensor for McKibben Pneumatic Artificial Muscle Actuator
Shinji Kuriyama*, Ming Ding*, Yuichi Kurita*, Jun Ueda**,
and Tsukasa Ogasawara*
*Graduate School of Information Science, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, 8916-5 Takayama, Ikoma, Nara 630-0192, Japan
**George W. Woodruff School of Mechanical Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, 801 Ferst Drive, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA 30332-0405, USA
-  M. Ding, J. Ueda, and T. Ogasawara, “Pinpointed Muscle Force Control Using a Power-assisting Device: System Configuration and Experiment,” Proc. of IEEE/RASEMBS Int. Conf. on Biomedical Robotics and Biomechatronics, pp. 181-186, 2008.
-  T. Nakamura, N. Saga, and K. Yaegashi, “Development of Pneumatic Artificial Muscle based on Biomechanical Characteristics,” Proc. of IEEE Int. Conf. on Industrial Technology, pp. 729-734, 2003.
-  G. Klute, J. Czerniecki, and B. Hannaford, “McKibben Artificial Muscles: Pneumatic Actuators with Biomechanical Intelligence,” Proc. of IEEE/ASME Int. Conf. on Advanced Intelligent Mechatronics, pp. 221-226, 1999.
-  N. G. Tsagarakis and D. G. Caldwell, “Development and Control of a Soft Actuated Exoskeleton for Use In Physiotherapy and Training,” Autonomous Robots, Vol.15, pp. 21-33, 2003.
-  T. Noritsugu, M. Takaiwa, and Daisuke Sasaki, “Development of Power Assist Wear using Pneumatic Rubber Artificial Muscles,” Proc. of Asia Int. Symposium on Mechatronics, FP1-1(2), 2008.
-  D. Nakamura, “Posture estimation of a power-assisting device based on condition measurement of pneumatic rubber actuators,” The 11th Symposium on Construction Robotics in Japan, pp. 87-92, 2008.
-  S. Wakimoto, K. Suzumori, and T. Kanda, “Development of intelligent McKibben actuator,” Proc. of IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 487-492, 2005.
-  A. Window et al., “Strain Gauge Technology,” DA Information Services, 2001.
-  C. Chou and B. Hannaford, “Measurement and Modeling of McKibben Pneumatic Artificial Muscles,” IEEE Trans. on Robotics and Automation, Vol.12, No.1, pp. 90-102, 1996.
-  S. Kuriyama, M. Ding, Y. Kurita, J. Ueda, Y. Matsumoto, and T. Ogasawara, “Axial Displacement Estimation of McKibben Actuator using Flexible Sensor,” Proc. of 2008 JSME Conf. on Robotics and Mechatronics, 1A1-C04, 2008 (in Japanese).
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.