Development of a Vibration Suppression GUI Tool Based on Input Preshaping and its Application to Semiconductor Wafer Transfer Robot
Minh Duc Duong*, Kazuhiko Terashima*, Toshio Kamigaki**, and Hirotoshi Kawamura**
*Department of Production Systems Engineering, Toyohashi University of Technology
1-1 Hibarigaoka, Tempaku-cho, Toyohashi, Aichi 441-8580, Japan
**New Products Development Laboratory, Shinko Electric Co., Ltd. Toyohashi Plant
150 Aza-Motoyashiki, Mitsuya-cho, Toyohashi, Aichi 441-3195, Japan
Speed up movement to increase productivity may cause problems such as vibration. The tool we propose to suppress vibration is based on input preshaping, and its visual graphical user interface makes it easy to use. Testing of the tool at high speed suppressing vibration in a semiconductor wafer transfer robot confirmed the feasibility of our proposal.
-  N. C. Singer and W. P. Seering, "Preshaping Command Inputs to Reduce System Vibration," Transactions of the ASME Journal of Dynamic Systems, Measurement and Control, Vol.112, No.1, pp. 76-82, 1990.
-  N. C. Singer, "Residual Vibration Reduction in Computer Controlled Machines," Ph.D. thesis, Department of Mechanical Engineering, MIT, Fall, 1988.
-  J. M. Hyde and W. P. Seering, "Using Input Command Pre-Shaping to Suppress Multiple Mode Vibration," Proceedings of the 1991 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, Sacramento, California, April, 1991, pp. 2604-2609.
-  W. E. Singhose, W. P. Seering, and N. C. Singer, "Input Shaping for Vibration Reduction with Specified Insensitivity to Modeling Errors," Japan/USA Symposium on Flexible Automation, Vol.1, ASME 1996, pp. 307-313.
-  M. Frigo and S. G. Johnson, "The Design and Implementation of FFTW," Proceedings of the IEEE 93 (2), pp. 216-231, 2005.
-  L. Collatz and W. Wetterling, "Optimization Problems," Applied Mathematical Sciences (Springer-Verlag New York Inc.), 1975.
-  The MathWorks, "Matlab-Creating Graphical User Interface," http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help
-  K. Yano, S. Higashikawa, and K. Terashima, "Liquid Container Transfer Control on 3D Transfer Path by Hybrid Shaped Approach," Proceedings of the 2001 IEEE International Conference on Control Applications, September 5-7, 2001, Mexico, pp. 1168-1173.
-  T. Miyoshi, Y. Noda, and K. Terashima, "Feedforward Control Considering Input and States Constraints with Eliminating Residual Vibration," Proceedings of the 2007 America Control Conference, July 11-13, 2007, USA, pp. 5005-5010.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.