Target Person Identification and Following Based on Omnidirectional Camera and LRF Sensor Fusion from a Moving Robot
Mehrez Kristou, Akihisa Ohya, and Shin’ichi Yuta
Intelligent Robot Laboratory, University of Tsukuba, 1-1-1 Tennodai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-8573, Japan
-  M. Hans, B. Graf, and R. Schraft, “Robotic home assistant care-obot: Past - present - future,” in In IEEE Int.Workshop on Robot and Human interactive Communication (ROMAN2002), pp. 380-385, 2002.
-  W. Burgard, P. Trahanias, D. Hähnel, M. Moors, D. Schulz, H. Baltzakis, and A. Argyros, “Tourbot and webfair: Web-operated mobile robots for tele-presence in populated exhibitions,” in Proc. IROS Workshop Robots Exhib., pp. 1-10, 2002.
-  M. Bennewitz, F. Faber, D. Joho, M. Schreiber, and S. Behnke, “Towards a humanoid museum guide robot that interacts with multiple persons,” in in Proc. of the IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Humanoid Robots (Humanoids), 2005.
-  W. Burgard, A. B. Cremers, D. Fox, D. Hähnel, G. Lakemeyer, D. Schulz, W. Steiner, and S. Thrun, “Experiences with an interactive museum tour-guide robot,” Artif. Intell., Vol.114, No.1-2, pp. 3-55, 1999.
-  A. Treptow, G. Cielniak, and T. Duckett, “Active people recognition using thermal and grey images on a mobile security robot,” pp. 2103-2108, Aug. 2005.
-  A. Fod, A. Howard, and M. J. Matarić, “Laser-based people tracking,” in IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation (ICRA), Washington D.C., pp. 3024-3029, May 2002.
-  M. Montemerlo, S. Thrun, and W. Whittaker, “Conditional particle filters for simultaneous mobile robot localization and peopletracking,” in IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation (ICRA), Washington, D.C., pp. 695-701, May 2002.
-  H. Zhao, Y. Chen, X. Shao, K. Katabira, and R. Shibasaki, “Monitoring a populated environment using single-row laser range scanners from a mobile platform,” in IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation (ICRA), Roma, Italy, pp. 4739-4745, April 2007.
-  K. O. Arras, Ó. Martínez Mozos, and W. Burgard, “Using boosted features for the detection of people in 2d range data,” in IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation (ICRA), Roma, Italy, pp. 3402-3407, April 2007.
-  N. Ogale, “A survey of techniques for human detection from video,” Master’s thesis, University of Maryland, 2006.
-  C. Schlegel, J. Illmann, H. Jaberg, M. Schuster, and R. Wörz, “Vision based person tracking with a mobile robot,” in Proc. 9th British Machine Vision Conf., pp. 418-427, 1998.
-  Y. Nakauchi and R. Simmons, “Social behavioral robot that stands in line,” in Proc. of the IEEE Int. Conf. on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics (SMC), Tokyo, Japan, pp. 993-998, October 1999.
-  D. Beymer and K. Konolige, “Tracking people from a mobile platform,” in Proc. of the Int. Joint Conf. on Artificial Intelligence, 2001.
-  S. Bahadori, G. Grisetti, L. Iocchi, R. Leone, and D. Nardi, “Realtime tracking of multiple people through stereo vision,” in Proc. of IEE Int. Workshop on Intelligent Environments, 2005.
-  H. Noguchi, T. Mori, T. Matsumoto, M. Shimosaka, and T. Sato, “Multiple-person tracking by multiple cameras and laser range scanners in indoor environments,” J, of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.22, No.2, pp. 221-229, April 2010.
-  R. Mu noz-Salinas, E. Aguirre, and M. García-Silvente, “People detection and tracking using stereo vision and color,” Image Vision Comput., Vol.25, No.6, pp. 995-1007, 2007.
-  N. Bellotto and H. Hu, “Multisensor-based human detection and tracking for mobile service robots,” IEEE Trans. on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics – Part B, Vol.39, No.1, pp. 167-181, 2009.
-  M. Kobilarov, M. Hyams, P. Batavi, and G. Sukhatme, “People tracking and following with mobile robot using an omnidirectional camera and a laser,” in IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 557-562, 2006.
-  Z. Zivkovic and B. Kröse, “Part based people detection using 2d range data and images,” in IEEE Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS), San Diego CA, pp. 214-219, October 2007.
-  J. Blanco, W. Burgard, R. Sanz, and J. Fernandez, “Fast face detection for mobile robots by integrating laser range data with vision,” in Proc. of the Int. Conf. on Advanced Robotics (ICAR), 2003.
-  S. Feyrer and A. Zell, “Robust real-time pursuit of persons with a mobile robot using multisensor fusion,” in 6th Int. Conf. on Intelligent Autonomous Systems (IAS-6), Venice, Italy, pp. 710-715, 2000.
-  M. Kleinehagenbrock, S. Lang, J. Fritsch, F. Lömker, G. A. Fink, and G. Sagerer, “Person tracking with a mobile robot based on multi-modal anchoring,” in Proc. IEEE Int.Workshop on Robot and Human Interactive Communication (ROMAN), Berlin, Germany: IEEE, pp. 423-429, September 2002.
-  G. Cserey, J. McRaven, and M. Scheutz, “Fast, reliable, adaptive, bimodal people tracking for indoor environments,” in Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 1347-1352, 2004.
-  G. Cielniak and T. Duckett, “People recognition by mobile robots,” J. Intell. Fuzzy Syst., Vol.15, No.1, pp. 21-27, 2004.
-  S. Baker and S. K. Nayar, “Single viewpoint catadioptric cameras,” in Panoramic Vision: Sensors, Theory, Applications, R. Benosman and S. B. Kang (eds.), Springer-Verlag, 2001.
-  P. Viola and M. Jones, “Rapid object detection using a boosted cascade of simple features,” in Proc. of IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, December 2001.
-  N. Bellotto and H. Hu, “People tracking and identification with a mobile robot,” in Proc. of the IEEE Int. Conf. on Mechatronics and Automation (ICMA 2007), Harbin, China, pp. 3565-3570, August 2007.
-  G. Bradski and A. Kaehler, “Learning OpenCV: Computer Vision with the OpenCV Library,” O’Reilly Media, September 2008.
-  M. Kristou, A. Ohya, and S. Yuta, “Panoramic vision and lrf sensor fusion based human identification and tracking for autonomous luggage cart,” in Robot and Human Interactive Communication, 2009, RO-MAN 2009, The 18th IEEE Int. Symposium on, pp. 711-716, 2009.
-  H. Kawata, A. Ohya, S. Yuta, W. Santosh, and T. Mori, “Development of ultra-small lightweight optical range sensor system,” in IEEE Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS), pp. 3277-3282, 2005.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2011 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.