Workspace and Dexterity Analyses of the Delta Hexaglide Platform
Wu-Jong Yu*, Chih-Fang Huang**, and Wei-Hua Chieng*
*Department of Mechanical Engineering, National Chiao Tung University, 1001 Ta Hsueh Road, Hsinchu, Taiwan, 30050, R.O.C.
**Music Technology Group of Music Institute, National Chiao Tung University, 1001 Ta Hsueh Road, Hsinchu, Taiwan, 30050, R.O.C.
-  D. Stewart, “A platform with six degrees of freedom,” Proc. Institution of Mechanical Engineers (Part-I), Vol.180, No.15, pp. 371-386, 1965.
-  Z. Ji, “Workspace Analysis of Stewart Platforms via Vertex Space,” Journal of Robotic System, Vol.11, No.7, pp. 631-639, 1994.
-  O. Masory and J. Wang, “Workspace evaluation of Stewart platforms,” Advanced Robotics, Vol.9, No.4, pp. 443-461, 1995.
-  J. P.Merlet, “Determination of 6D workspace of Gough-Type parallel manipulator and comparison between different geometries,” The Int. Journal of Robotics & Research, Vol.18, No.9, pp. 902-916, 1999.
-  J. P. Merlet, “Guaranteed in-the-workspace improved trajectory/surface/volume verification for parallel robots,” Proc. of the IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, PVP-Vol.4, pp. 4103-4108, 2004.
-  C. Gosselin, “Determination of the Workspace of 6-DOF Parallel Manipulator,” Journal of Mechanical Design, PVP-Vol.112, pp. 331-336, 1990.
-  M. Honegger, A. Codourey, and E. Burdet, “Adaptive control of the Hexaglide, a 6 DOF parallel manipulator,” Proc. of IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, Albuquerque, pp. 543-548, 1997.
-  M. Suzuki, K. Watanabe, T. Shibukawa, T. Tooyama, and K. Hattori, “Development of milling machine with parallel mechanism,” Toyota Technical Review, Vol.47, No.1, pp. 125-130, 1997.
-  G. Pritschow and K. H. Wurst, “Systematic design of Hexapods and parallel link systems,” Annals of the CIRP, Vol.46, No.1, pp. 291-295, 1997.
-  B. R. Hopkins and R. L. Williams II, “Kinematics, Design and Control of 6-PSU Platform,” Industrial Robot: An Int. Journal, Vol.29, No.5, pp. 443-451, 2002.
-  Y. Wang, W. S. Newman, and R. Stoughton, “Workspace Analysis of the ParaDex Robot – A Novel, Close-Chain, Kinematically-Redundant Manipulator,” IEEE Int. Conf. on Rob. & Automation, pp. 2392-2397, 2000.
-  I. A. Bonev and J. Ryu, “Workspace Analysis of 6-PRRS Parallel Manipulators Based on the Vertex Space Concept,” ASME Design Technical Conf.s, DETC99/DAC-8647, Las Vegas, NV, September 12-15, 1999.
-  J. P. Kim and J. Ryu, “Closed-Form Dynamics Equations of 6-DOF PUS Type Parallel Manipulators,” ASME Design Technical Conf.s, 26th Biennial Mechanisms Conf., Baltimore, MD, September 10-13, 2000.
-  B. R. Hopkins and R. L. Williams II, “MODIFIED 6-PSU PLATFORM,” ASME Design Engineering Technical Conf.s, September 29-October 2, Montreal, Canada, 2002.
-  K. A. B. Rao, P. V.M. Rao, and S. K. Saha, “Workspace and Dexterity Analysis of Machine Tools,” Proceeding of the IEEE Int. Conf. on Robots & Automation, Taipei, Taiwan, September 14-19, 2003.
-  S. Robert and T. Arai, “A modified Stewart platform manipulator with improved dexterity,” IEEE Transactions on Robotics and Automation, Vol.9, No.2, pp. 166-173, 1993.
-  C. A. Klein and B. E. Blaho, “Dexterity measures for the design and control of kinematically redundant manipulators,” Int. J. Robot. Res., Vol.6, No.2, pp. 72-78, 1987.
-  H. Pittens and R. P. Podhorodeski, “A family of Stewart platforms with optimal dexterity,” J. Robot. Syst., Vol.10, No.4, pp. 463-479, 1993.
-  D. Giovannetti and M. Blum, , “Design of a Hexapod Motion Cueing System for the NASA Ames Vertical Motion Simulator,” AIAA Modeling and Simulation Technologies Conf. and Exhibit, August 5-8, Monterey, California, 2002.
-  W. E. Lorensen and H. E. Cline, “Marching Cubes: A High Resolution 3D Surface Construction Algorithm,” Computer Graphics (Proc. of SIGGRAPH ’87), Vol.21, No.4, pp. 163-169, 1987.
-  G. M. Nielson and B. Hamann, “The Asymptotic Decider: Resolving the Ambiguity in Marching Cubes,” Proc. IEEE Visualization, pp. 83-91, 1992.
-  S. V. Matveyev, “Resolving the topological ambiguity in approximating the isosurface of scalar function,” Proc., IEEEWorkshop on Visualization and Machine Vision, pp. 18-21, June 1994.
-  S. Matveyev, “Approximation of Isosurface in the Marching Cube: Ambiguity Problem,” Proc. IEEE Visualization, pp. 288-292, 1994.
-  B. Natarajan, “On Generating Topologically Consistent Isosurfaces from Uniform Samples,” The Visual Computer, PVP-Vol.11, pp. 52-62, 1994.
-  E. Chernyaev, “Marching Cubes 33: Construction of Topologically Correct Isosurfaces,” Technical Report CN/ 95-17, CERN, 1995.
-  M. A. Styblinski, J. Vandewalle, and M. Sengupta, “Statistical characterization and optimization of integrated circuits based on singular value decomposition,” Proc. of the Third IEEE Int. Conf. on, PVP-Vol.1, pp. 263-266, 1997.
-  B. M. Edward, “An engineer’s guide to MATLAB,” Prentice Hall, New Jersey, 2000.
-  R. S. Wright, Jr. and M. Sweet, “OpenGL SuperBible,” Waite Group Press, 2nd ed., Indianapolis, 2000.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2008 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.