Design of the Passive Dynamic Walking Robot by Applying its Dynamic Properties
Masatsugu Iribe*,** and Koichi Osuka*
*Kobe University, 1-1 Rokkoudai-cho, Nada, Kobe 657-8501, Japan
**Intelligent System Research Lab., Information Technologies Laboratories, Sony Co., 5-12-5 Kita-Shinagawa, Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo, Japan
-  T. Ishida, Y. Kuroki, and J. Yamaguchi, “Mechanical System of a Small Biped Entertainment Robot,” Proc. of Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, 2003.
-  T. McGeer, “Passive Walking With Knee,” Proc. of 1990 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, 3, pp. 1640-1645, 1990.
-  A. Goswami, B. Thuilot, and B. Espiau, “Compass-Like Biped Robot – Part I: Stability and Bifurcation of Passive Gaits,” Technical Report 2996, INRIA, 1996.
-  M. Garcia, A. Chatterjee, A. Ruina, and M. Coleman, “The Simplest Walking Model: Stability, Complexity, and Scaling,” Proc. ASME J. of Biomechanical Engineering, Vol.120, No.2, pp. 281-288, 1998.
-  Y. Ikemata, A. Sano, and H. Fujimoto, “A Stability Mechanism of the Fixed Point in Passive Walking,” J. of the Robotics Society of Japan, Vol.23, No.7, pp. 839-846, 2005.
-  Y. Sugimoto and K. Osuka, “Stability Analysis of Passive Dynamic Walking –An approach via interpretation of Poincaré Map’s structure–,” Transactions of the Institute of Systems Control and Information Engineers, Vol.18, No.7, pp. 255-260, 2005.
-  A. Ishiguro, “Emergence of “Toughness” as the Basis of Intelligence,” J. of the Robotics Society of Japan, Vol.24, No.7, pp. 800-803, 2006.
-  K. Osuka, Y. Sugimoto, and T. Sugie, “Stabilization of Semi-Passive Dynamic Walking based on Delayed Feedback Control,” J. of the Robotics Society of Japan, Vol.22, No.2, pp. 193-199, 2004.
-  M. Iribe and K. Osuka, “Analogy between Passive walking robot and Phase Locked Loop circuit,” Proc. of SICE-ICASE Int. Joint Conf., 2006.
-  M.Iribe and K. Osuka, “A designing method of the passive dynamic walking robot via analogy with the Phase Locked Loop circuits,” Proc. of 2006 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Biomimetics (ROBIO 2006), 2006.
-  K. Osuka, “An Environmental Adaptive Function Concealed in Passive Dynamic Walking,” Proc. of the 7th Conf. of the SICE System Integration Division (SI2006), 2006.
-  M. Iribe and K. Osuka, “Analysis and stabilization of the passive walking robot via analogy with the Phase Locked Loop circuits,” Proc. of 2006 IEEE-RAS Int. Conf. on Humanoid Robots, 2006.
-  M. Iribe, T. Fukushima, J. Yamaguchi, and Y. Kuroki, “Development of a New Actuator for a Small Biped Entertainment Robot – Which has Suitable Functions for Humanoid Robots,” Proc. of 30th Annual Conf. of the IEEE Industrial Electronics Society (IECON), 2004.
-  K. Tsuchiya, “Design Principles of a Complex System,” J. of the Society of Instrument and Control Engineers, Vol.38, No.10, pp. 605-611, 1999.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2007 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.