Seismic Hazard Visualization from Big Simulation Data: Construction of a Parallel Distributed Processing System for Ground Motion Simulation Data
Takahiro Maeda and Hiroyuki Fujiwara
National Research Institute for Earth Science and Disaster Prevention (NIED)
3-1 Tennodai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-0006, Japan
-  K. Irikura and H. Miyake, “Prediction of strong ground motions for scenario earthquakes,” Journal of Geography, Vol.110, pp. 849-875, 2001 (in Japanese with English abstract).
-  Earthquake Research Committee, “Strong Ground Motion Prediction Method (“Recipe”) for Earthquakes with Specified Source Faults,” 2009 (in Japanese), http://www.jishin.go.jp/main/ chousa/09textunderscore yosokuchizu/gtextunderscore furoku3.pdf [accessed March 4, 2016]
-  T. Maeda, N. Morikawa, A. Iwaki, S. Aoi, and H. Fujiwara,“Finite-Difference Simulation of Long-Period Ground Motion for the Nankai Trough Megathrust Earthquakes,” JDR, Vol.8, No.5, pp. 912-925, 2013.
-  A. Iwaki, N. Morikawa, T. Maeda, S. Aoi, and H. Fujiwara, “Finite-Difference Simulation of Long-Period Ground Motion for the Sagami Trough Megathrust Earthquakes,” JDR, Vol.8, No.5, pp. 926-940, 2013.
-  A. Thusoo, J. S. Sarma, N. Jain, Z. Shao, P. Chakka, S. Anthony, H. Liu, P. Wyckoff, and R. Murthy, “Hive – A Warehousing Solution Over a Map-Reduce Framework,” In Proc. of Very Large Data Bases, Vol.2 No.2, pp. 1626-1629, August 2009.
-  J. Dean and S. Ghemawat, “MapReduce: simplified data processing on large clusters,” In Proc. of the OSDI’04, 6th Symposium on Operating Systems Design and Implementation, Sponsored by USENIX, in Cooperation with ACM SIGOPS, pp. 137–150, 2004.
-  K. Shvachko, H. Kuang, S. Radia, and R. Chansler, “The Hadoop distributed file system,” In Mass Storage Systems and Technologies (MSST), 2010 IEEE 26th Symposium on, pages 1–10, May 2010.
-  V. K. Vavilapalli, A. C Murthy, C. Douglas, S. Agarwal, M. Konar, R. Evans, T. Graves, J. Lowe, H. Shah, S. Seth, B. Saha, C. Curino, O. O’Malley, S. Radia, B. Reed, and E. Baldeschwieler, “Apache Hadoop YARN: Yet Another Resource Negotiator,” In Proc. of the 4th ACM Symposium on Cloud Computing (SoCC), 2013.
-  T. G. Addair, D. A. Dodge, W. R. Walter, and S. D. Ruppert, “Large-scale seismic signal analysis with Hadoop,” Comput. Geosci. Vol.66, pp. 145-154, doi: 10.1016/j.cageo.2014.01.014, 2014.
-  T. Maeda, N. Morikawa, S. Aoi, and H. Fujiwara, “Long-period ground motion evaluation for the Nankai Trough megathrust earthquakes,” In Proc. of JpGU, SSS23-13, 2014.
-  Earthquake Research Committee, “On the long-term evaluation of earthquakes in the Nankai Trough (2nd edition),” 2013 (in Japanese), http://www.jishin.go.jp/main/chousa/13may textunderscore nankai/index.htm [accessed March 4, 2016]
-  S. Aoi, T. Hayakawa, and H. Fujiwara, “Ground motion simulator: GMS,” Butsuri Tansa. Vol.57, pp. 651–666, 2004 (in Japanese with English abstract).
-  Earthquake Research Committee, “Long-period grond motion hazard maps for Japan,” 2012 (in Japanese), http://www.jishin. go.jp/main/chousa/12textunderscore choshuki/index.htm [accessed March 4, 2016]
-  P. Wessel and W. H. F. Smith, “New version of the Generic Mapping Tools released,” Eos Transactions, American Geophysical Union, Vol.76, p. 329, 1995.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.