Brief Report of Shaking Table Test on Masonry Building Strengthened with Ferrocement Layers
Teddy Boen*1, Hiroshi Imai*2, Febrin Ismail*3, Toshikazu Hanazato*4, and Lenny*1
Raya Pejuangan, Kebon Jeruk, Jakarta 11530, Indonesia
*2National Research Institute for Earth Science and Disaster Prevention (NIED), Ibaraki, Japan
*3Andalas University, Padang, Indonesia
*4Mie University, Mie, Japan
Millions of non-engineered constructions in Indonesia are vulnerable to earthquake. Therefore, a simple, affordable and replicable method to strengthen the existing non-engineered construction in Indonesia is introduced. The retrofitting method described in this report is based on the principle of sandwich structures, having a masonry wall as core and covered on both sides with ferrocement layers. Numerical analysis result and shaking table test is included in this paper.
-  H. Imai and A. Nakatani, “Seismic Reinforcement of Masonry Construction Experiment: Shaking Table Experiments on Full Scale Masonry Walls using Bricks made in Padang, Indonesia,” National research Institute for Earth science and Disaster prevention (NIED) & Mie University, Tsukuba, Japan, 2012.
-  T. Hanazato, Letter from Toshikazu Hanazato, Mie University, Japan, 2013.
-  T. Boen, “Yogya Earthquake 27 May 2006, Structural Damage Report,” Earthquake Engineering Research Institute (EERI), US, 2006.
-  T. Boen, “Bengkulu & West Sumatra Earthquakes, September 12, 2007, Structural Damage Report,” Earthquake Engineering Research Institute (EERI), US, 2007.
-  T. Boen and J. Priyono, “Reconstruction of Houses in Aceh Post the Dec 26, 2004 Tsunami Catastophe – Six Years After,” International Conference organized by GSDMA, April 14-16, 2011, Ahmedabad, 2011.
-  JICA Manado Survey Team, “Laporan Metode Konstruksi Rumah Tinggal Non Engineered di Minahasa (Studi di Kota Mandao, Bitung dan Tomohon),” Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA), Manado, 2009.
-  JICA – Aneka Asia Buana, PT, “Final Report: The Survey of Construction Method, People Awareness and so on (CS-11011),” Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA), Jakarta, 2012.
-  T. Boen, “Retrofitting Simple Buildings Damaged by Earthquakes,” 2nd ed., Hyogo: United Nations Center for Regional Development (UNCRD), 2010.
-  T. Boen, A. Saputra, F. Ismail, K. Pribadi, I. Satyarno, H. Widodo, and L., “Buku Panduan Perbaikan dan Perkuatan Bangunan Tembokan Sederhana,” Jakarta: Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA), 2012.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.