Coseismic Displacement and Recurrence Interval of the 1973 Ragay Gulf Earthquake, Southern Luzon, Philippines
Hiroyuki Tsutsumi**, Jeffrey S. Perez**, Jaime U. Marjes**,
Kathleen L. Papiona**, and Noelynna T. Ramos***
*Department of Geophysics, Kyoto University, Kitashirakawa-oiwake-cho, Sakyo-ku, Kyoto 606-8502, Japan
**Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology (PHIVOLCS), C. P. Garcia Avenue, Quezon City 1101, Philippines
***National Institute of Geological Sciences, University of the Philippines, Diliman, C. P. Garcia Avenue, Quezon City 1101, Philippines
-  C. R. Allen, “Circum-Pacific faulting in the Philippines-Taiwan region,” Journal of Geophysical Research, Vol.67, pp. 4795-4812, 1962.
-  T. Nakata, H. Tsutsumi, R. S. Punongbayan, R. E. Rimando, J. A. Daligdig, A. S. Daag, and G. M. Besana, “Surface fault ruptures of the 1990 Luzon earthquake, Philippines,” Research Center for Regional Geography, Hiroshima University, Special Publication No.25, p. 86, 1996.
-  PHIVOLCS Quick Response Team, “The 15 February 2003 Masbate Earthquake,” PHILVOCS Special Report No.5, p. 30, 2003.
-  E. M. Morante, “The Ragay Gulf earthquake of March 17, 1973, southern Luzon, Philippines,” Journal of the Geological Society of the Philippines, Vol.28, No.2, pp. 1-31, 1974.
-  H. Tsutsumi and J. S. Perez, “Large-scale active fault map of the Philippine fault based on aerial photograph interpretation,” Active Fault Research, No.39, pp. 29-37, 2013.
-  H. Yasuda, T. Bacolcol, A. Daag, M. Cahulogan, E. Bariso, E. Mitiam, J. Marjes, T. Ueki, T. Kobayashi, and T. Nakata, “Geometry and structure of the Philippine Fault in Ragay Gulf, southern Luzon,” Journal of Disaster Research, Vol.10, No.1, 2015 (this issue).
-  M. L. P. Bautista and K. Oike, “Estimation of the magnitudes and epicenters of Philippine historical earthquakes,” Tectonophysics, Vol.317, pp. 137-169, 2000.
-  H. Tsutsumi, J. A. Daligdig, H. Goto, N. M. Tungol, H. Kondo, T. Nakata, M. Okuno, and N. Sugito, “Timing of surface-rupturing earthquakes on the Philippine fault zone in central Luzon Island, Philippines,” EOS Transactions AGU, Vol.87, p. 52, 2006.
-  T. Bacolcol, E. Barrier, T. Duquesnoy, A. Aguilar, R. Jorgio, R. de la Cruz, and M. Lasala, “GPS constraints on Philippine fault slip rate in Masbate Island, central Philippines,” Journal of the Geological Society of the Philippines, Vol.60, No.1-2, pp. 1-7, 2005.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.