Differences in Subjective Estimation of Risks and Assessment for the Modified Tsunami Warning System by the Japan Meteorological Agency Among University Students Located in Damaged and Non-Damaged Prefectures Around the Period of the 2011 off Pacific Coast of Tohoku Earthquake
International Research Institute of Disaster and Science, Tohoku-University, Japan Society for the Promotion of Science, 6-6-04 Aoba, Aramaki-aza, Aobaku-Ward, Sendai-City, Miyagi 980-8579, Japan
-  Japan Meteorological Agency, “About renewed tsunami warning system” (in Japanese),
http://www.seisvol.kishou.go.jp/eq/tsunami keihou kaizen/index.html [accessed Dec. 13, 2013]
-  Japan Meteorological Agency, “Lessons learned from the tsunami disaster caused by the 2011 Great East Japan Earthquake and improvements in JMA’s tsunami warning system,”
http://www.seisvol.kishou.go.jp/eq/eng/tsunami/LessonsLearned_Improvements_brochure.pdf [accessed Jan. 20, 2014]
-  T. Ozaki, “JMA’s Tsunami Warning for the 2011 Great Tohoku Earthquake and Tsunami Warning Improvement Plan,” Journal of Disaster Research, Vol.7, No.sp, pp. 439-445, 2012.
-  T. Katada and M. Kanai, “Fundamental research about social technology that concerned safety and relief in the actual condition of prevention for tsunami disaster information,” Journal of Japan Society for Disaster Information Studies, Vol.7, pp. 37-42, 2009 (in Japanese).
-  E. Gyoba and T. Muramoto, “Analyses of the comprehension and recognition of the instructions in educational material for disaster prevention using an assessment model based on cognitive and motivational factors,” Int. Journal for Cross-Disciplinary Subjects in Education, Vol.4, Issue 1, pp. 1099-1107, 2013.
-  Student Life Department of Waseda University, “Consciousness of the Great East Japan Earthquake 2011,” Waseda Weekly Special Edition (published July 21, 2011), Waseda University, 2011 (in Japanese).
-  S. Oki, “Estimating probability of huge earthquake occurrence and its damage do no.lead to enhancement of potential for disaster prevention,” Sankei Shinbun Co., Ltd., 2012 (in Japanese),
http://www.nikkei.com/article/DGXNZO47420990Z11C12A0CR8000/ [accessed Nov. 18, 2013].
-  E. Gyoba, “Characteristics of the Behaviors to Collect Information from Available Media in the Students of the Universities Located in the Damaged and Non-damaged Prefectures around the Period of the 2011 off Pacific Coast of Tohoku Earthquake,” Journal of Disaster Research, Vol.7, No.6, pp. 786-792, 2012.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.