A Fundamental Study of Efficiency of Information Processing in Emergency Operations Center
Fumiaki Ichinose*1, Yuji Maeda*1, Naoko Kosaka*1,
Mitsuhiro Higashida*2, Masahiro Sugiyama*3, Hideki Takeda*3,
Tomomi Yamamoto*4, and Haruo Hayashi*5
*1NTT Secure Platform Laboratories, 3-9-11 Midori-Cho, Musashino-Shi, Tokyo 180-8585, Japan
*2Nippon Telegraph and Telephone West Corporation, Osaka, Japan
*3NTT Learning Systems Corporation, Tokyo, Japan
*4Kashihara City in Nara Prefecture, Nara, Japan
*5Kyoto University, Gokasho, Uji-shi, Kyoto, Japan
Many of the emergency operations centers that take the initiative in commanding and controlling on disaster response still rely on inefficient manual information processing even though they have ICT systems at hand. This paper reports on 3-year functional exercises in a local government using ICT to improve information processing.
Mitsuhiro Higashida, Masahiro Sugiyama, Hideki Takeda,
Tomomi Yamamoto, and Haruo Hayashi, “A Fundamental Study of Efficiency of Information Processing in Emergency Operations Center,” J. Disaster Res., Vol.9, No.2, pp. 206-215, 2014.
-  “An operation manual of functional exercise for municipality,” Research Group of the functional exersisel, 2008 (in Japanese).
-  The Civil Protection and Disaster Management Department of FDMA, Emergency Response Office, “The surveillance study report about the state of the enforcement point of the functional exercise for municipal corporation against the storm-and-flooddamages,” FDMA of MIC, 2009 (in Japanese).
-  M. Higashida, S. Tanabe, and H. Hayashi, “Development and Testing of a Three-Tier Manual for Emergency Response to “Societal Security” Incident,” Institute of Social Safety Science, Collected papers, No.10, pp. 473-482, 2008 (in Japanese).
-  H. Hayashi (Ed.), “INCIDENT COMMAND SYSTEM NATIONAL TRAINING CURRICULUM Module1-Module17,” Research Center for Disaster Reduction Systems of Disaster Prevention Research Institute at Kyoto University, 2004 (in Japanese).
-  M. Higashida, N. Maki, and H. Hayashi, “How is Information Processed into Intelligence in ICS Structure? ; Crisis Information Processing System Based on “The Intelligence Cycle”,” Institute of Social Safety Science, The collection of outlines, No.8, pp. 191-196, 2006 (in Japanese).
-  “The action program for earthquake disaster prevention in Kashihara,” Kashihara city, March, 2007 (in Japanese).
-  “The Disaster Prevention Plan of Kashihara city in Nara,” Kashihara city, June, 2009 (in Japanese).
-  M. Higashida et al, “Analysis of Information Processing Patterns Appeared at Emergency Operation Center Training,” Institute of Social Safety Science, The collection of outlines, No.30, pp. 93-96, 2012 (in Japanese).
-  Kyoto University/NTT Resilience Joint Research Group (H. Hayashi et al.), “Trial for the Disaster Resilience Society – Come over the Great East Japan Earthquake Disaster,” Nikkei BP Consulting, Inc., ISBN:9784901823975, 2012 (in Japanese).
-  S. Sakuma, “The risk management solution which realizes the following step after BCP decision,” NTT Technical Review, August, 2010 (in Japanese).
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.