Infectious Disease Risk After the Great East Japan Earthquake
Satoshi Mimura, Taro Kamigaki, and Hitoshi Oshitani
Department of Virology, Graduate School of Medicine, Tohoku University, 2-1 Seiryo Machi, Aoba-ku, Sendai 980-8575, Japan
-  N. Jafari, A. Shahsanai et al., “Prevention of communicable diseases after disaster: A review,” J. Res. Med. Sci., 2004.
-  I. K. Kouadio, S. Aljunid et al., “Infectious diseases following natural disasters: prevention and control measures,” Expert. Rev. Anti. Infect. Ther., Vol.10, pp. 95-104, 2012.
-  World Health Organization, “Epidemic-prone disease surveillance and response after the tsunami in Aceh Province, Indonesia,” Wkly. Epidemiol. Rec., Vol.80, pp. 160-164, 2005.
-  A. S. Amilasan, M. Ujiie et al., “Outbreak of leptospirosis after flood, the Philippines, 2009,” Emeg. Infect. Dis., Vol.18, pp. 91-94, 2012.
-  I. K. Kouadio, T. Kamigaki, and H. Oshitani, “Measles outbreaks in displaced populations : a review of transmission, morbidity and mortality associated factors,” BMC Int. Health Hum. Rights, Vol.10, pp. 5, 2010.
-  Y.Wang, P. Hao et al., “Causes of infection after earthquake, China, 2008,” Emerg. Infect. Dis., Vol.16, pp. 974-975, 2010.
-  C. S. Chin, J. Sorenson et al., “The origin of the Haitian cholera outbreak strain,” N. Engl. J. Med., Vol.364, pp. 33-42, 2011.
-  J. T. Watson, M. Gayer et al., “Epidemics after natural disasters,” Emerg. Infect. Dis., Vol.13, pp. 1-5, 2007.
-  N. Sekiya, T. Sunagawa et al., “Norovirus gastroenteritis outbreak in a large refugee camp in Koriyama City, Fukushima Prefecture,” IASR, Vol.32, pp. S8-S9, 2011 (in Japanese).
-  T. Hayashi, H. Watanabe et al., “Mass occurrence of flies and seasonal changes in their species composition in the Tsunami disaster region after 2011 the Great East Japan Earthquake,” Med. Entomol. Zool., Vol.63, pp. 85-89, 2012.
-  Y. Tsuda, M. Haseyama et al., “After-effects of Tsunami on distribution and abundance of mosquitoes in rice-field areas in Miyagi Prefecture, Japan in 2011,” Med. Entomol. Zool., Vol.63, pp. 21-91, 2012.
-  H. Oshitani, T. Kamigaki et al., “Monitoring of influenza in Sendai City and its neighboring communities after the Great East Japan Earthquake,” IASR, Vol.32, p. S6, 2011 (in Japanese).
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.