Customer Value Co-Creation Behavior Effects on Online Purchase Intention
Yaqin Liu and Xinxing Luo
Business School, Central South University
Lu Shan Nan Lu 932, Yue Lu District, Changsha, Hunan 410083, China
Prior marketing literature highlights the customer value co-creation behavior on offline business. This paper focuses on investigating the effects of customer value co-creation behavior on the online purchase intention. Further, the hypothesis is tested via adopting the structural equation model method. The research shows that under the online shopping environment, the behaviors of customer participation and citizenship behavior have significant positive impacts on purchase intention and can be the direct antecedents of purchase intention. Compared with customer participation behavior, customer citizenship behavior has greater impacts on purchase intentions. The analysis outcome of the study has remarkable importance on improving the sales of online retailers.
-  A. M. Muñiz and H. J. Schau, “How to inspire value-laden collaborative consumer-generated content,” Business Horizons, Vol.54, No.3, pp. 209-217, 2011.
-  Z. Zheng, H. Y. Jeong, T. Huang, et al., “KDE based outlier detection on distributed data streams in multimedia network,” Multimedia Tools and Applications, Vol.76, No.17, pp. 18027-18045, 2017.
-  Z. Zheng and Z. Zheng, “Towards an Improved Heuristic Genetic Algorithm for Static Content Delivery in Cloud Storage,” Computers & Electrical Engineering, Vol.69, pp. 422-434, 2017.
-  Z. Huang and M. Benyoucef, “From e-commerce to social commerce: A close look at design features,” Electronic Commerce Research and Applications, Vol.12, No.4, pp. 246-259, 2013.
-  M. R. Paredes, J. M. Barrutia, and C. Echebarria, “Resources for value co-creation in e-commerce: a review,” Electronic Commerce Research, Vol.14, No.2, pp. 111-136, 2014.
-  E. W. K. See-To and K. K. W. Ho, “Value co-creation and purchase intention in social network sites: The role of electronic Word-of-Mouth and trust – A theoretical analysis,” Computers in Human Behavior, Vol.31, No.1, pp. 182-189, 2014.
-  L. T. Tuan, “Under entrepreneurial orientation, how does logistics performance activate customer value co-creation behavior?,” Int. J. of Logistics Management, Vol.28, No.2, pp. 600-633, 2017.
-  A. Shamim, Z. Ghazali, and P. A. Albinsson, “An integrated model of corporate brand experience and customer value co-creation behaviour,” Int. J. of Retail & Distribution Management, Vol.44, No.2, pp. 139-158, 2016.
-  O. Oyner and A. Korelina, “The influence of customer engagement in value co-creation on customer satisfaction: Searching for new forms of co-creation in the Russian hotel industry,” Worldwide Hospitality & Tourism Themes, Vol.8, No.3, pp. 327-345, 2016.
-  F. J. Cossío-Silva, M. Á. Revilla-Camacho, M. Vega-Vázquez, et al., “Value co-creation and customer loyalty,” J. of Business Research, Vol.69, No.5, pp. 1621-1625, 2016.
-  G. K. Sahi, S. Sehgal, and R. Sharma, “Predicting Customers Recommendation from Co-creation of Value, Customization and Relational Value,” Vikalpa, Vol.42, No.1, pp. 19-35, 2017.
-  M. Á. Revilla-Camacho, M. Vega-Vázquez, F. J. Cossío-Silva, “Customer participation and citizenship behavior effects on turnover intention,” J. of Business Research, Vol.68, No.7, pp. 1607-1611, 2015.
-  S. L. Vargo and R. F. Lusch, “Evolving to a new dominant logic for marketing,” J. of Marketing, Vol.68, No.1, pp. 1-17, 2004.
-  S. L. Vargo and R. F. Lusch, “Service-dominant logic: continuing the evolution,” J. of the Academy of Marketing Science, Vol.36, No.1, pp. 1-10, 2008.
-  Y. Yi and T. Gong, “Customer value co-creation behavior: Scale development and validation,” J. of Business Research, Vol.66, No.9, pp. 1279-1284, 2013.
-  I. C. L. Ng, S. S. Nudurupati, and P. Tasker, “Value Co-creation in the Delivery of Outcome-based Contracts for Business-to-business Service,” Soutnern California, AIM Research, pp. 18-25, 2010.
-  B. A. Solem, “Influences of customer participation and customer brand engagement on brand loyalty,” J. of Consumer Marketing, Vol.33, No.5, pp. 332-342, 2016.
-  C. V. Chen and C. J. Chen, “The role of customer participation for enhancing repurchase intention,” Management Decision, Vol.55, No.3, pp. 547-562, 2017.
-  B. S. Tether and A. Tajar, “Beyond industry-university links: sourcing knowledge for innovation from consultants, private research organizations and the public science-base,” Research Policy, Vol.37, No.6, pp. 1079-1095, 2008.
-  B. Dong, K. Sivakumar, K. R. Evans, and S. Zou, “Effect of customer participation on service outcomes: the moderating role of participation readiness,” J. of Service Research, Vol.18, No.2, pp. 160-176, 2014.
-  V. Zwass, “Co-Creation: Toward a Taxonomy and an Integrated Research Perspective,” Int. J. of Electronic Commerce, Vol.15, No.1, pp. 11-48, 2010.
-  C. K. Yim, K. W. Chan, and S. K. Lam, “Do customers and employees enjoy service participation? Synergistic effects of self- and other-efficacy,” J. of Marketing, Vol.76, No.6, pp. 121-140, 2012.
-  L. Choi and S. Lotz, “Motivations leading to customer citizenship behavior in services: scale development and validation,” J. of Consumer Marketing, Vol.33, No.7, pp. 539-551, 2016.
-  M. Groth, “Customers as Good Soldiers: Examining Citizenship Behaviors in Internet Service Deliveries,” J. of Management, Vol.31, No.1, pp. 7-27, 2005.
-  Y. Yi, T. Gong, and H. Lee, “The Impact of Other Customers on Customer Citizenship Behavior,” Psychology and Marketing, Vol.30, No.4, pp. 341-356, 2013.
-  K. W. Chan, C. K. Yim, and S. S. Lam, “Is customer participation in value creation a double-edged sword? Evidence from professional financial services across cultures,” J. of Marketing, Vol.74, No.3, pp. 48-64, 2010.
-  L. N. Hau and P. N. Thuy, “Customer participation to co-create value in human transformative services: a study of higher education and health care services,” Service Business, pp. 1-26, 2016.
-  H. S. Kim and B. Choi, “The effects of three customer-to-customer interaction quality types on customer experience quality and citizenship behavior in mass service settings,” J. of Services Marketing, Vol.30, No.4, pp. 384-397, 2016.
-  H. J. Jin and J. J. Yoo, “Customer-to-customer interactions on customer citizenship behavior,” Service Business, Vol.11, pp. 1-23, 2017.
-  A. Grubor, R. Kovac-Znidersic, and D. Maric, “C-2-C market relations and word of mouth,” Ekonomski Anali, Vol.60, No.207, pp. 117-133, 2015.
-  D. H. Zhu, Y. P. Chang, and J. J. Luo, “Understanding the influence of C2C communication on purchase decision in online communities from a perspective of information adoption model,” Telematics & Informatics, Vol.33, No.1, pp. 8-16, 2016.
-  Y. Wang and C. Yu, “Social interaction-based consumer decision-making model in social commerce: The role of word of mouth and observational learning,” Int. J. of Information Management, Vol.37, pp. 91-102, 2015.
-  A. B. Rosario, F. Sotgiu, and K. D. Valck, “The effect of electronic word of mouth on sales: A meta-analytic review of platform, product, and metric factors,” J. of Marketing Research, Vol.53, No.3, pp. 297-318, 2016.
-  N. Hajli, “Social commerce constructs and consumer’s intention to buy,” Int. J. of Information Management, Vol.35, pp. 183-191, 2015.
-  T. Liang, Y. Ho, Y. Li, “What Drives Social Commerce: The Role of Social Support and Relationship Quality,” Int. J. of Electronic Commerce, Vol.16, No.2, pp. 69-90, 2011.
-  C. L. Hsu, K. C. Chang, and N. T. Kuo, “The mediating effect of flow experience on social shopping behavior,” Information Development, Vol.33, pp. 243-256, 2016.
-  H. Liu, H. Chu, and Q. Huang, “Enhancing the flow experience of consumers in China through interpersonal interaction in social commerce,” Computers in Human Behavior, Vol.58, pp. 306-314, 2016.
-  C. L. Hsu, K. C. Chang, and M. C. Chen, “Flow Experience and Internet Shopping Behavior: Investigating the Moderating Effect of Consumer Characteristics,” Systems Research and Behavioral Science, Vol.29, No.3, pp. 317-332, 2012.
-  A. Van Alphen, R. Halfens, A. Hasman, and T. Imbos, “Likert or Rasch? Nothing is more applicable than good theory,” J. of Advanced Nursing, Vol.20, pp. 196-201, 1994.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.