Temporal-Spatial Filtering for Enhancement of Low-Light Surveillance Video
Fan Guo, Jin Tang, Hui Peng, and Beiji Zou†
School of Information Science and Engineering, Central South University
Changsha, Hunan 410083, China
-  S. Arigela and V. K. Asari, “Self-tunable transformation function for enhancement of high contrast color images,” J. of Electronic Imaging, Vol.22, No.2, pp. 023010-1-023010-22, 2013.
-  H. Ngo, L. Tao, M. Zhang, A. Livingston, and V. Asari, “A visibility improvement system for low vision drivers by nonlinear enhancement of fused visible and infrared video,” Proc. of the IEEE Conf. on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, pp. 25-32, 2005.
-  H. Malm, M. Oskarsson, E. Warrant, P. CLarberg, J. Hasselgren, and C. Lejdfors, “Adaptive enhancement and noise reduction in very low light-level video,” Proc. of the IEEE Int. Conf. on Computer Vision, pp. 1-8, 2007.
-  P. Chatterjee, N. Joshi, S. B. Kang, and Y. Matsushita, “Noise Suppression in Low-light Images through Joint Denoising and Demosaicing,” Proc. of IEEE Conf. on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, pp. 321-328, 2011.
-  W. S. Yin, X. B. Lin, and Y. Sun, “A Novel Framework for Low-light Colour Image Enhancement and Denoising,” Proc. of the 3rd Int. Conf. on Awareness Science and Technology, pp. 20-23, 2011.
-  K. M. He, J. Sun, and X. O. Tang, “Guided image filtering,” IEEE Trans. on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, Vol.35, No.6, pp. 1397-1409, 2013.
-  D. J. Jobson, Z. Rahman, and G. A. Woodell, “A multi-scale Retinex for bridging the gap between color images and the human observation of scenes,” IEEE Trans. on Image Processing: Special Issue on Color Processing, Vol.6, No.7, pp. 965-976, 1997.
-  Q. Wang and R. K. Ward, “Fast image/video contrast enhancement based on weighted threshold histogram equalization,” IEEE Trans. on Consumer Electronics. Vol.53, No.2, pp. 757-764, 2007.
-  D. Sheet, H. Garud, A. Suveer, M. Mahadevappa, and J. Chatterjee, “Brightness preserving dynamic fuzzy histogram equalization,” IEEE Trans. on Image Processing, Vol.56, No.4, pp. 2475-2480, 2010.
-  K. A. Panetta, E. J. Wharton, and S. S. Agaian, “Human Visual System-Based Image Enhancement and Logarithmic Contrast Measure,” IEEE Trans. on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics-Part B (Cybernetics), Vol.38, No.1, pp. 174-188, 2008.
-  E. Wharton, K. Panetta, and S. Agaian, “Adaptive Multi-Histogram Equalization using Human Vision Thresholding,” Proc. of the SPIE – The Int. Society for Optical Engineering, Vol.6497, pp. 64970G-1-11, 2007.
-  E. Wharton, K. Panetta, and S. Agaian, “Human Visual System Based Multi-Histogram Equalization for Non-Uniform Illumination and Shoadow Correction,” Proc. of IEEE Int. Conf. on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing, pp. 1-729-1-732, 2007.
-  N. Hautiere, J. P. Tarel, J. Lavenant, and D. Aubert, “Automatic fog detection and estimation of visibility distance through use of an onboard camera,” Machine Vision and Applications, Vol.17, No.1, pp. 8-20, 2006.
-  K. M. He, J. Sun, and X. O. Tang, “Single image haze removal using dark channel prior,” IEEE Trans. on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence. Vol.33, No.12, pp. 2341-2353, 2011.
-  J. Darbon, A. Cunha, T. F. Chan, S. Osher, and G.J. Jensen, “Fast nonlocal filtering applied to electron cryomicroscopy,” Proc. of 5th IEEE Int. Symp. on Biomedical Imaging: From Nano to Macro, pp. 1331-1334, 2008.
-  A. Loza, H. Bhaskar, M. Al-Mualla, and D. Bull, “Fast algorithm for restoration of foggy images,” Proc. of IEEE 20th Int. Conf. on Electronics, Circuits, and Systems, pp. 735-738, 2013.
-  C. Harris and M. J. Satephens, “A combined corner and edge detector,” Fourth Alvey Vision Conf., pp. 147-152, 1988.
-  P. Viola and M. Jones, “Rapid object detection using a boosted cascade of simple features,” Proc. of IEEE Computer Society Conf. on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, pp. 511-518, 2001.
-  T. Sim, S. Baker, and M. Bsat, “The CMU pose, illumination, and expression (PIE) database,” IEEE Trans. on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, Vol.25, No.12, pp. 1615-1618, 2003.
-  S. S. Agaian, B. Silver, and K. A. Panetta, “Transform Coefficient Histogram-Based Image Enhancement Algorithms Using Contrast Entropy,” IEEE Trans. on Image Processing, Vol.16, No.3, pp. 741-7558, 2007.
-  E. Whartona, S. Agaianb, and K. Panetta, “Comparative Study of Logarithmic Enhancement Algorithms with Performance Measure,” Proc. SPIE Electronic Imaging, Vol.6064, pp. 606412-1-606412-12, 2006.
-  K. A. Panetta, E. J. Wharton, and S. S. Agaian, “Human Visual System-Based Image Enhancement and Logarithmic Contrast Measure,” IEEE Trans. on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics-Part B (Cybernetics), Vol.38, No.1, pp.174-188, 2008.
-  K. Panetta, Y. C. Zhou, S. Agaian, and H. W. Jia, “Nonlinear Unsharp Masking for Mammogram Enhancement,” IEEE Trans. on Information Technology in Biomedicine, Vol.15, No.6, pp. 918-928, 2011.
-  N. Hautiere, J. P. Tarel, D. Aubert, and E. Dumont, “Blind contrast enhancement assessment by gradient ratioing at visible edges,” Image Analysis and Stereology, Vol.27, No.2, pp. 87-95, 2008.
-  R. A. Houstoun and J. F. Shearer, “Fechner’s Law,” Nature, Vol.125, pp. 891-892, 1930.
-  S. Yendrikhovskij, F. Blommaert, and H. D. Ridder, “Perceptual optimal color reproduction,” Proc. of SPIE., pp. 274-281, 1998.
-  K. Q. Huang, Q. Wang, and Z. Y. Wu, “Color image enhancment and evaluation algorithm based on human visual system,” Proc. of IEEE ICASSP, Vol.3, pp.iii-721-iii-724, 2007.
-  K. Q. Huang, Q. Wang, and A. Y. Wu, “Natural color image enhancement and evaluation algorithm based on human visual system,” Computer Vision and Image Understanding, Vol.103, No.1, pp. 52-63, 2006.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.