Reappraising the Impact of Environmental Stresses on the Useful Life of Electronic Devices
Khaled A. Abuhasel*, Abdullah M. Iliyasu**,***,†, and Ibrahim N. Alquaydheb**
*Department of Mechanical Engineering, College of Engineering, University of Bisha
Bisha 61361, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
**Department of Electrical Engineering, College of Engineering, Prince Sattam Bin Abdulaziz University
Al-Kharj 11942, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
***Department of Computational Intelligence & Systems Science, Tokyo Institute of Technology
Yokohama 226-8502, Japan
-  A. M. Iliyasu, K. A. Abuhasel, et al., “Aridity as a Factor in Estimating the Lifespan of Electronic Systems,” Proc. of the RAMS 2015, pp. 1-6, 2014.
-  S. Arthur and S. M. Sheffrin, “Economics: Principles in action,” Pearson Prentice Hall, pp. 473, 2010.
-  United Nations World Population Prospects: 2012 revision: www.un.org: (Retrieved February 2016).
-  N. Bostrom and R. Roache, “Ethical Issues in Human Enhancement,” New Waves in Applied Ethics, Pelgrave Macmillan, pp. 120-152, 2008.
-  CIA – The World Fact book on Life expectancy, www.cia.gov (Retrieved February 2016)
-  “List of countries by life expectancy,”
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_life_expectancy (Retrieved July 2016).
-  E. F. Tochan, “Effect of Environmental factors on the Reliability of Electronics Systems and Computers,” Proc. of the Environment and Solar, Mediterranean Conf., pp. 45-47, 2000.
-  L. A. Escobar and W. Q. Meeker, “A review of accelerated testing models,” Statistical Sci., Vol.21, No.4, pp. 280-285, 2006.
-  L. Fiondella and L. Xing, “Reliability of Two Failure Mode Systems Subject to Correlated Failures,” Proc. of the RAMS 2014, pp. 1-6, 2014.
-  B. Song, A. H. Michael, and M. G. Pecht, “Impact of dust on PCB Reliability,” Proc. of the APEX EXPO, pp. 1-8, 2012.
-  Electronic equipment failures: cause, effect and resolution: http://www.vortec.com (Retrieved February 2016).
-  A. Trabucco and R. J. Zomer, “Global Aridity Index (Global-Aridity) and Global Potential Evapo-Transpiration (Global-PET) Geospatial Database,” CGIAR Consortium for Spatial Information, 2009 Published online, available from the CGIAR-CSI GeoPortal at: http://www.csi.cgiar.org
-  Reliasoft – Reliability software: http://www.reliasoft.com (Retrieved February 2016).
-  World Development Indicators: www.wdi.worldbank.org (Retrieved February 2016).
-  Puget systems: http://www.pugetsystems.com (Retrieved February 2016).
-  Acceptable levels of dust: http://www.sustainableaggregates.com (Retrieved February 2016).
-  L. Lei, A. Gettelman and Q. Fu, “Aridity in 21st century,” http://www.cesm.ucar.edu (Retrieved February 2016).
-  M. J. McPherson, “Psychrometry: The study of moisture in air,” Subsurface Ventilation and Environmental Eng., pp. 491-521, 1993.
-  M. G. Lawrence, “The Relationship between Relative Humidity and the Dew Point Temperature in Moist Air,” Amer. Met. Society, pp. 225-233, 2005.
-  R. J. Hijmans, S. E. Cameron, J. L. Parra, P. G. Jones, and A. Jarvis, “Very high resolution interpolated climate surfaces for global land areas,” Int. J. of Climatology Vol.25, pp. 1965-1978, 2005.
-  www.csgnetwork.com/canhumidexcalc.html (Retrieved February 2016).
-  “Average weather and climate data,” http://www.climatemps.com (Retrieved February 2016).
-  “Humidity Conversion Formulas,” http://www.vaisala.com (Retrieved February 2016).
-  J. Crouch, “Global Surface Temperature Anomalies - Background Information,” http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov (Retrieved February 2016).
-  “Renewable resource atlas,” www.rratlas.kacare.gov.sa/RRMM PublicPortal/ (Retrieved February 2016).
-  “World climate and temperature,” www.climatemps.com (Retrieved February 2016).
-  “Weather and climate,” www.weather-and-climate.com (Retrieved February 2016).
-  R. Maliva and Th. Missimer, “Arid lands, water evaluation and management,” Springer, 2012.
-  M. K. Aridity, “Drought and Desertification,” In Arab Environment and Future Challenges,” Proc. of the Arab Forum for Environment and Development, 2008.
-  “Electrocardiogram (ECG) circuit for use with oscilloscopes,” Pico 25, https://www.picotech.com/library/application-note/electrocardiogram-ecg-circuit-for-use-with-oscilloscopes (Retrieved July 2016).
-  A. H. Maghrabi, “Estimation of precipitable water vapor using vapor pressure and air temperature in an arid region in central Saudi Arabia,” J. of Ass. Of Arab Univ. for Basic and Applied Sciences, Vol.14, pp. 1-8, 2013.
-  H. Huang, Y. Han, M. Cao, J. Song, and H. Xiao, “Spatial-Temporal Variation of Aridity Index of China during 1960–2013,” Advances in Meteorology, Vol.2016, pp. 713-723, 2016.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.