Mining Visual Phrases for Visual Robot Localization
Kanji Tanaka, Yuuto Chokushi, and Masatoshi Ando
University of Fukui
2-7-1 Bunkyo, Fukui 910-8507, Japan
-  M. Milford and G. FraserWyeth, “Seqslam: Visual routebased navigation for sunny summer days and stormy winter nights,” ICRA, pp. 1643-1649, 2012.
-  W. Churchill and P. Newman, “Practice makes perfect? managing and leveraging visual experiences for lifelong navigation,” ICRA, pp. 4525-4532, 2012.
-  E. Johns and G.-Z. Yang, “Feature co-occurrence maps: Appearance-based localisation throughout the day,” ICRA, pp. 3212-3218, 2013.
-  M. Milford, “Vision-based place recognition: how low can you go?,” I. J. Robotic Res., Vol.32, No.7, pp. 766-789, 2013.
-  A. Cunningham, K. M. Wurm, W. Burgard, and F. Dellaert, “Fully distributed scalable smoothing and mapping with robust multi-robot data association,” ICRA, pp. 1093-1100, 2012.
-  A. S. Huang, M. E. Antone, E. Olson, L. Fletcher, D. Moore, S. J. Teller, and J. J. Leonard, “A high-rate, heterogeneous data set from the darpa urban challenge,” I. J. Robotic Res., Vol.29, No.13, pp. 1595-1601, 2010.
-  N. Carlevaris-Bianco and R. M. Eustice, “Long-term simultaneous localization and mapping with generic linear constraint node removal,” IROS, pp. 1034-1041, 2013.
-  J. McDonald, M. Kaess, C. Dario, C. Lerma, J. Neira, and J. J. Leonard, “Real-time 6-dof multi-session visual slam over large-scale environments,” Robot Auton Systems, Vol.61, No.10, pp. 1144-1158, 2013.
-  Q.-F. Zheng, W.-Q. Wang, and W. Gao, “Effective and efficient object-based image retrieval using visual phrases,” ACM Int. Conf. Multimedia, pp. 77-80, 2006.
-  J. Yuan, Y. Wu, and M. Yang, “Discovery of collocation patterns: from visual words to visual phrases,” IEEE Int. Conf. Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR), pp. 1-8, 2007.
-  M. A. Sadeghi and A. Farhadi, “Recognition using visual phrases,” IEEE Int. Conf. Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR), pp. 1745-1752, 2011.
-  M. Cummins and P. Newman, “Highly scalable appearanceonly slam-fab-map 2.0,” Robotics: Science and Systems, 2009.
-  Y. Jiang, J. Meng, and J. Yuan, “Randomized visual phrases for object search,” IEEE Int. Conf. Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR), pp. 3100-3107, 2012.
-  H.-K. Tan and C.-W. Ngo, “Common pattern discovery using earth mover s distance and local flow maximization,” IEEE Int. Conf. Computer Vision (ICCV), pp. 1222-1229, 2005.
-  M. Cho, Y. M. Shin, and K. M. Lee, “Unsupervised detection and segmentation of identical objects,” IEEE Int. Conf. Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR), pp. 1617-1624, 2010.
-  H. Jéegou, F. Perronnin, M. Douze, J. Sáanchez, P. Péerez, and C. Schmid, “Aggregating local image descriptors into compact codes,” IEEE Trans. Pattern Anal. Mach. Intell., Vol.34, No.9, pp. 1704-1716, 2012.
-  M. A. Fischler and R. A. Elschlager, “The representation and matching of pictorial structures,” IEEE Trans. Computers, C-22(1), pp. 67-92, 1973.
-  B. Leibe, A. Leonardis, and B. Schiele, “Combined object categorization and segmentation with an implicit shape model,” ECCV workshop on statistical learning in computer vision, pp. 17.32, 2004.
-  P. Arbelaez, B. Hariharan, C. Gu, S. Gupta, L. D. Bourdev, and J. Malik, “Semantic segmentation using regions and parts,” IEEE Int. Conf. Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR), pp. 3378.3385, 2012.
-  Li-Jia Li, Hao Su, Eric P. Xing, and Fei-Fei Li, “Object bank: A high-level image representation for scene classification & semantic feature sparsification,” Conf. Neural Information Processing Systems (NIPS), pp. 1378-1386, 2010.
-  L. Bo, X. Ren, and D. Fox, “Unsupervised Feature Learning for RGB-D Based Object Recognition,” ISER, June 2012.
-  S.N. Parizi, J.G. Oberlin, and P.F. Felzenszwalb. Reconfigurable models for scene recognition,” IEEE Int. Conf. Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR), pp. 2775-2782, 2012.
-  W. Churchill and P. Newman, “Continually improving large scale long term visual navigation of a vehicle in dynamic urban environments,” 2012 15th Int. IEEE Conf. on Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITSC), pp. 1371-1376, Sept 2012.
-  K. Konolige and J. Bowman, “Towards lifelong visual maps,” IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS) 2009, pp. 1156-1163, 2009.
-  M. Milford and G. Wyeth, “Persistent navigation and mapping using a biologically inspired slam system,” I. J. Robotic Res., Vol.29, No.9, pp. 1131-1153, 2010.
-  N. Süunderhauf, P. Neubert, and P. Protzel, “Are we there yet? challenging seqslam on a 3000 km journey across all four seasons,” Workshop on Long-Term Autonomy held in conjunction with the Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation (ICRA), 2013.
-  K. Ikeda and K. Tanaka, “Visual robot localization using compact binary landmarks,” ICRA, pp. 4397-4403, 2010.
-  K. Saeki, K. Tanaka, and T. Ueda, “Lsh-ransac: An incremental scheme for scalable localization,” ICRA, pp. 3523-3530, 2009.
-  S. Hanada and K. Tanaka, “Part-slam: Unsupervised partbased scene modeling for fast succinct map matching,” IROS, 2013. http://rc.his.u-fukui.ac.jp/PARTSLAM.pdf.
-  H. Zha, K. Tanaka, and T. Hasegawa, “Detecting changes in a dynamic environment for updating its maps by using a mobile robot,” IROS, pp. 1729-1734, 1997.
-  K. Tanaka, Y. Kimuro, N. Okada, and E. Kondo, “Global localization with detection of changes in non-stationary environments,” ICRA, pp. 1487-1492, 2004.
-  K. Tanaka, Y. Chokushi, and M. Ando, “Mining visual phrases for long-term visual slam,” IROS, pp. 136-142, IEEE, 2014.
-  M. Ando, Y. Chokushi, and K. Tanaka, “Landmark discovery for single-view cross-season localization,” IROS Workshop on Planning, Perception and Navigation for Intelligent Vehicles (PPNIV), 2014.
-  H. Zhang, “Borf: Loop-closure detection with scale invariant visual features,” ICRA, pp. 3125-3130, 2011.
-  M. Muja and D. G. Lowe, “Fast approximate nearest neighbors with automatic algorithm configuration,” Int. Conf. Computer Vision Theory and Application, pp. 331-340, INSTICC Press, 2009.
-  P. Viola and M. Jones, “Robust real-time object detection,” Int. J. Computer Vision, 2001.
-  M. Ando, Y. Chokushi, K. Tanaka, and K. Yanagihara, “Leveraging image-based prior in cross-season place recognition,” 2015 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation (ICRA), pp. 5455-5461, 2015.
-  O. Chum, J. Matas, and J. Kittler, “Locally optimized ransac,” Pattern Recognition, pp. 236-243, Springer, 2003.
-  P. Felzenszwalb, D. McAllester, and D. Ramanan, “A discriminatively trained, multiscale, deformable part model,” IEEE Conf. on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR) 2008, pp. 1-8, 2008.
-  T. Tsukamoto and K. Tanaka, “Leveraging image based prior for visual place recognition,” 14th IAPR Int. Conf. on Machine Vision Applications (MVA 2015), Miraikan, Tokyo, Japan, 18-22 May, 2015, pp. 194-197, 2015.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.