Estimating Writing Neatness from Online Handwritten Data
Motoki Miura and Takamichi Toda
Kyushu Institute of Technology, 1-1 Sensui, Tobata, Kitakyushu, Fukuoka 804-8550, Japan
-  M. Miura, T. Sugihara, and S. Kunifuji, “Improvement of Digital Pen Learning System for Daily Use in Classrooms,” Educational Technology Research, Vol.34, pp. 49-57, October 2011.
-  A. Gartner, M. C. Kohler, and F. Riessman, “Children teach children: Learning by teaching,” Harper & Row, 1971.
-  K. Bielaczyc, P. L. Pirolli, and A. L. Brown, “Training in Self-Explanation and Self-Regulation Strategies: Investigating the Effects of Knowledge Acquisition Activities on Problem Solving,” Cognition and Instruction, Vol.13, No.2, pp. 221-252, 1995.
-  R. Barnard, “Peer tutoring in the Primary Classroom: A Sociocultural Interpretation of Classroom Interaction,” New Zealand J. of Educational Studies, Vol.37, No.1, pp. 57-72, 2002.
-  P. Y. Simard, D. Steinkraus, and M. Agrawala, “Ink Normalization and Beautification,” Proc. of 2005 Int. Conf. on Document Analysis and Recognition (ICDAR ’05), pp. 1182-1187, August 2005.
-  L. Julia and C. Faure, “Pattern Recognition and Beautification for a Pen Based Interface,” Proc. of the 3rd Int. Conf. on Document Analysis and Recognition, Vol.1, pp. 58-63, August 1995.
-  H. Miyao and R. Maruyama, “On-Line Handwritten Flowchart Recognition, Beautification and Editing System,” Int. Conf. on Frontiers in Handwriting Recognition (ICFHR), pp. 83-88, 2012.
-  B. Paulson and T. Hammond, “PaleoSketch: Accurate Primitive Sketch Recognition and Beautification,” Proc. of the 13th Int. Conf. on Intelligent user interfaces (IUI’08), pp. 1-10, 2008.
-  X. Zhu and L. Jin, “Calligraphic Beautification of Handwritten Chinese Characters: A Patternized Approach to Handwriting Transfiguration,” Proc. of ICFHR2008, pp. 135-140, 2008.
-  F. Aşıcıoglŭ and N. Turan, “Handwriting changes under the effect of alcohol,” Forensic Science Int., Vol.132, No.3, pp. 201-210, 2003.
-  U. Ramer, “An iterative procedure for the polygonal approximation of plane curves,” Computer Graphics and Image Processing, Vol.1, No.3, pp. 244-256, 1972.
-  M. Miura, S. Akase, and T. Toda, “Estimating the Care with which Notes are Written from Online Handwritten Character Data,” Proc. of the 6th Int. Conf. on Intelligent Interactive Multimedia Systems and Services, pp. 195-203, June 2013.
-  M. Miura and T. Toda, “Extraction ofWriting Carefulness from Online Handwritten Data,” 22nd FIM Int. Conf. on Interdisciplinary Mathematics, Statistics and Computational Techniques, pp. 113-118, November 2013.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.