Stock Market Trend Prediction Based on Text Mining of Corporate Web and Time Series Data
Hoang T. P. Thanh* and Phayung Meesad**
*Department of Information Technology, Faculty of Information Technology, King Mongkut’s University of Technology North Bangkok, 1518 Pracharat Sai 1 Road, Wongsawang, Bangsue, Bangkok, Thailand
**Department of Information Technology Management, Faculty of Information Technology, King Mongkut’s University of Technology North Bangkok, 1518 Pracharat Sai 1 Road, Wongsawang, Bangsue, Bangkok, Thailand
-  V. Singal, “Beyond the random walk: A guide to stock market anomalies and low-risk investing,” Oxford University Press, New York, 2004.
-  Q. Wen, Z. Yang, Y. Song, and P. Jia, “Automatic stock decision support system based on box theory and SVM algorithm,” Expert Systems with Applications 37, pp. 1015-1022, 2010.
-  R. Tsaih, Y. Hsu, and C. C. Lai, “Forecasting S&P 500 stock index futures with a hybrid AI system,” Decision Support Systems 23, pp. 161-174, 1998.
-  K. Kim and I. Han, “Genetic algorithms approach to feature discretization in artificial neural networks for the prediction of stock price index,” Expert Systems with Applications, pp. 125-132, 2000.
-  S. Nagaya, Z. Chenli, and O. Hasegawa, “A Proposal of Stock Price Predictor Using Associated Memory,” J. of Advanced Computational Intelligence and Intelligent Informatics, Vol.15, No.2, pp. 145-155, 2011.
-  K. Kim, “Financial time series forecasting using support vector machines,” Neurocomputing 55, pp. 307-319, 2003.
-  F. E. H. Tay, and L. Cao, “Application of support vector machines in financial time series forecasting,” Omega, pp. 309-317, 2001.
-  W. Huang, Y. Nakamori, and S. Wang, “Forecasting stock market movement direction with support vector machine,” Computers & Operations Research 32, pp. 2513-2522, 2005.
-  P. Meesad and R. I. Rasel, “Dhaka Stock Exchange Trend Analysis Using Support Vector Regression,” Int. Conf. on Computing and InformationTechnology (IC2IT2013), Vol.209, pp. 135-143, 2013.
-  P. Meesad and T. Srikhacha, “Stock price time series prediction using Neuro-Fuzzy with support vector guideline system,” 9th ACIS Int. Conf. on Software Engineering, Artificial Intelligence, Networking and Parallel/Distributed Computing, SNPD 2008 and 2nd Int. Workshop on Advanced Internet Technology and Applications, pp. 422-427, 2008.
-  Anny Ng, Ada Wai-chee Fu, “Mining Frequent Episodes for Relating Financial Events and Stock Trends,” Advances in Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining, pp. 27-39, 2003.
-  B. Wuthrich, V. Cho, S. Leung, D. Permunetilleke, K. Sankaran, J. Zhang, and W. Lam, “Daily Stock Market Forecast from Textual Web Data,” IEEE Int. Conf. on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, San Diego, CA, pp. 2720-2725, 1998.
-  M. Mittermayer, “Forecasting Intraday Stock Price Trends with Text Mining Techniques,” Hawaii Int. Conf. on System Sciences, 2004.
-  M. I. Yasef Kaya and M. Elif Karsligil, “Stock Price Prediction Using Financial News Articles,” IEEE Int. Conf. on Information and Financial Engineering, pp. 478-482, 2010.
-  G. Gidofalvi, “Using News Articles to Predict Stock Price Movements,” Department of Computer Science and Engineering, University of California, San Diego, 2001.
-  G. P. C. Fung, J. X. Yu and H. Lu, “The Predicting Power of Textual Information on Financial Markets,” IEEE Intelligent Informatics Bulletin, pp. 1-10, 2005.
-  T. Yu, T. Jan, J. Debenham and S. Simoff, “Classify Unexpected News Impacts to Stock Price by Incorporating Time Series Analysis into Support Vector Machine,” Int. Joint Conf. on Neural Network, pp. 2993-2998, 2006.
-  R. P. Schumaker and H. Chen, “Textual analysis of stock market prediction using breaking financial news,” ACM Trans. on Information Systems 27, 2009.
-  B. Wuthrich, “Probabilistic Knowledge Bases,” IEEE Trans. of Knowledge and Data Engineering, pp. 691-698, 1996.
-  B. Wuthrich, “Discovering Probabilistic Decision Rules,” Int. J. of Intelligent Systems in Accounting Finance and Management, pp. 269-277, 1997.
-  V. Lavrenko, M. Schmill, D. Lawire, P. Ogilvie, D. Jensen, and J. Allan, “Mining of Concurrent Text and Time Series,” Int. Conf. on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining Workshop on Text Mining, Boston, MA, USA, pp. 37-44, 2000.
-  I. Guyon, J. Weston, S. Barnhill, and V. Vapnik, “Gene Selection for Cancer Classication using Support Vector Machines,” Machine Learning, pp. 389-422, 2002.
-  H. Murata, T. Onoda, and S. Yamada, “Comparative Analysis of Relevance for SVM-Based Interactive Document Retrieval,” J. of Advanced Computational Intelligence and Intelligent Informatics, Vol.17, No.2, pp. 149-156, 2013.
-  K. M. Lee, K. S. Hwang, K. M. Lee, S. K. Han, W. H. Jung, and S. Lee, “Supervised Learning-Based Feature Selection for Mondrian Paintings Style Authentication,” J. of Advanced Computational Intelligence and Intelligent Informatics, Vol.16, No.7, pp. 894-899, 2012.
-  J. Brank, M. Grobelnik, N. Milic-frayling, and D. Mladenic, “Feature selection using linear support vector machines,” Int. Conf. on Data Mining Methods and Databases for Engineering, Finance, and Other Fields, 2002.
-  G. Salton, A. Wong, and C. S. Yang, “A Vector Space Model for Automatic Indexing,” Communications of the ACM, pp. 613-620, 1975.
-  V. N. Vapnik, “The Nature of Statistical Learning Theory,” Springer, New York, 1995.
-  K. Crammer and Y. Singer, “On the Algorithmic Implementation of Multiclass Kernel-based Vector Machines,” J. of Machine Learning Research, pp. 265-292, 2001.
-  L. Bottou, C. Cortes, J. S. Denker, H. Drucker, I. Guyon, L. D. Jackel, Y. LeCun, A. Muller, E. Sackinger, P. Simard, and V. Vapnik, “Comparison of Classifier Methods: A Case Study in Handwritten Digit Recognition,” Pattern Recognition, pp. 77-82, 1994.
-  U. Kreßel, “Pairwise classification and support vector machines,” Advances in Kernel Methods, MIT Press Cambridge, USA, pp. 255-268, 1999.
-  J. C. Platt, N. Cristianini, and J. Shawe, “Large margin DAGs for multiclass classification,” Advances in Neural Information Processing Systems, pp. 547-553, 2000.
-  T. G. Dietterich and G. Bakiri, “Solving multiclass learning problems via error-correcting output codes,” J. of Artificial Intelligence Research 2, pp. 263-286, 1995.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.