A Mutual-Information-Based Global Matching Method for Chest-Radiography Temporal Subtraction
Qian Yu*1, Lifeng He*2,*3, Tsuyoshi Nakamura*1,
Yuyan Chao*4, and Kenji Suzuki*5
*1Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Nagoya Institute of Technology, Gokiso-cho, Showa-ku, Nagoya, Aichi 466-8555, Japan
*2College of Electrical & Information Engineering, Shaanxi University of Science and Technology, China
*3Graduate School of Information Science and Technology, Aichi Prefectural University, Japan
*4Graduate School of Environmental Management, Nagoya Sangyo University, Japan
*5Department of Radiology, Division of the Biological Sciences, The University of Chicago, USA
-  International Agency for Research on Cancer, “GLOBACAN,” 2008.
-  T. Ishida, K. Ashizawa, R. M. Engelmann, S. Katsuragawa, H. MacMahon, and K. Doi, “Application of temporal subtraction for detection of interval changes in chest Radiographs: Improvement of subtraction image using automated initial image matching,” J. of Dig. Imag., Vol.12, No.2, pp. 77-86, 1999.
-  T. Ishida, S. Katsuragawa, K. Nakamura, H. MacMahon, and K. Doi, “Iterative image warping technique for temporal subtraction of sequential chest radiographs to detect interval change,” Med. Phys., Vol.26, No.7, pp. 1320-1329, 1999.
-  S. G. Armato III, D. J. Doshi, R. Engelmann, C. L. Croteau, and H. MacMahon, “Temporal subtraction in chest radiography: Automated assessment of registration accuracy,” Med. Phys., Vol.33, No.5, pp. 1239-1249, 2006.
-  T. Inaba, L. He, K. Suzuki, K. Murakami, and Y. Chao, “A Genetic-Algorithm-Based Temporal Subtraction for Chest Radiographs,” J. of Advanced Computational Intelligence and Intelligent Informatics, Vol.13, No.3 pp. 289-296, 2009.
-  B. Zitova and J. F1usser, “Image registration methods: A survey,” Image and Vision Computing, Vol.21, No.11, pp. 977-1000, 2003.
-  F. Maes, D. Vandermeulen, and P. Suetens, “Medical Image Registration Using Mutual Information,” Proc. of The IEEE, Vol.91, No.10, pp. 1699-1722, 2003.
-  O. Folorunso, O. R. Vincent, and B. M. Dansu, “Image edge detection: A knowledge management technique for visual scene analysis,” Information Management and Computer Security, Vol.15, No.1, pp. 23-32, 2007.
-  J. F. Canny, “A Computational Approach to Edge Detection,” IEEE Trans. Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, Vol.8, No.6, pp. 679-698, 1986.
-  L. He, Y. Chao, K. Suzuki, and K. Wu, “Fast Connected-Component Labeling,” Pattern Recognition, Vol.42, pp. 1977-1987, 2009.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.