Discrimination of Pneumoconiosis X-Ray Images Scanned with a CCD Scanner
Masahide Minami*, KojiAbe**,
and Munehiro Nakamura***
*Health Control Department, Awazu Plant, Komatsu Ltd., 23 Tsu, Futsu, Komatsu 923-0392, Japan
**Department of Informatics, School of Science and Engineering, Kinki University, 3-4-1 Kowakae, Higashi-Osaka 577-8502, Japan
***Faculty of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Institute of Science and Engineering, Kanazawa University, Kakuma, Kanazawa 920-1192, Japan
-  R. P. Kruger, W. B. Thompson, and A. F. Turner, “Computer diagnosis of pneumoconiosis,” Trans. on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, Vol.SMC-4, No.1, pp. 40-49, Jan. 1974.
-  A. M. Savol, C. C. Li, and R. J. Hoy, “Computer-aided recognition of small rounded pneumoconiosis opacities in chest X-rays,” IEEE Trans. Pattern Anal. Mach. Intell., Vol.2, No.5, pp. 479-482, Sep. 1980.
-  J. Wei and H. Kobatake, “Detection of rounded opacities on chest radiographs using convergence index filter,” Proc. ICIAP, pp. 757-761, Sep. 1999.
-  H. Kondo and T. Kouda, “Computer-aided diagnosis for pneumoconiosis using neural network,” Proc. IEEE Symposium on Computer-Based Medical Systems, pp. 467-472, Jul. 2001.
-  M. Pattichis, H. Muralldharan, C. Pattichis, and P. Soliz, “New image processing models for opacity image analysis in chest radiographs,” Proc. of IEEE Southwest Symposium on Image Analysis and Interpretation, pp. 260-264, Apr. 2002.
-  S. Kido, S. Adachi, and R. Tachibana, “Computer-aided Diagnosis of Pneumoconiosis Chest Radiographs,” Proc. of Radiological Society of North America Scientific Assembly and Annual Meeting, pp. 249-250, Dec. 2004.
-  K. Doi, “Current status and future potential of computer-aided diagnosis in medical imaging,” British J. of Radiology, Special Issue 2005, pp. S3-S19, 2005.
-  S. Katsuragawa and K. Doi, “Computer-aided diagnosis in chest radiography,” Computerized Medical Imaging and Graphics, Vol.31, Issues 4-5, pp. 212-223, 2007.
-  V. Murray, M. S. Pattichis, H. Davis, E. S. Barriga, and P. Soliz, “Multiscale AM-FM analysis of pneumoconiosis x-ray images,” Proc. of 16th IEEE Int. Conf. on Image Processing, pp. 4201-4204, Nov. 2009.
-  P. Yu, J. Zhao, H. Xu, C. Yang, X. Sun, S. Chen, and L. Mao, “Computer Aided Detection for Pneumoconiosis Based on Histogram Analysis,” Proc. of the 1st Int. Conf. on Information Science and Engineering, pp. 3625-3628, Dec. 2009.
-  H. Xu, X. Tao, R. Sundararajan, W. Yan, P. Annangi, X. Sun, and L. Mao, “Computer Aided Detection for Pneumoconiosis Screening on Digital Chest Radiographs,” Proc. of Third Int. Workshop on Pulmonary Image Analysis, pp. 129-138, Sep. 2010.
-  P. Yu, H. Xu, Y. Zhu, C. Yang, X. Sun, and J. Zhao, “An Automatic Computer-Aided Detection Scheme for Pneumoconiosis on Digital Chest Radiographs,” J. of Digital Imaging, Vol.24, No.3, pp. 382-393, Jun. 2011.
-  M. Loog and B. Ginneken, “Segmentation of the posterior ribs in chest radiographs using iterated contextual pixel classification,” IEEE Trans. on Medical Imaging, Vol.25, No.5, pp. 602-611, May 2006.
-  F. Mosteller, “A k-sample slippage test for an extreme population,” The Annals of Mathematical Statistics, Vol.19, No.1, pp. 58-65, Mar. 1948.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.