A Study on Conversational Content Recognition Method Using JapaneseWordNet for Robot-Assisted Therapies
Yuta Izutsu*1, Hiroharu Kawanaka*1, Koji Yamamoto*2, Kiyoshi Suzuki*3, Haruhiko Takase*1,
and Shinji Tsuruoka*4
*1Graduate School of Engineering, Mie University, Tsu, Mie 514-8507, Japan
*2Faculty of Medical Engineering, Suzuka University of Medical Science, Suzuka, Mie 510-0293, Japan
*3Social Welfare Corporation Taiyo No Sato, Matsusaka, Mie 515-0818, Japan
*4Graduate School of Regional Innovation Studies, Mie University, Tsu, Mie 514-8507, Japan
-  Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry, “Technological Strategy Map 2010.”
-  T. Toshiba and K. Wada, “Robot Therapy: A New Approach for Mental Healthcare of the Elderly – A Mini-Review,” Int. J. of Experimental, Clinical Behavioural, Regenerative and Technology Gerontology, Vol.57, No.4, pp. 378-386, 2011.
-  K. Wada, T. Shibata, T. Musha, and S. Kimura, “Effects of robot therapy for demented patients evaluated by EEG,” Proc. of Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems 2005, pp. 1552-1557, 2005.
-  K. Wada, T. Shibata, T. Musha, and S. Kimura, “Robot therapy for elders affected by dementia,” IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Magazine, pp. 53-60, 2008.
-  Mental Commitment Robot “PARO” (Official Web Page of PARO), The National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology.
-  K. Wada, T. Shibata, T. Saito, and K. Tanie, “Effects of robotassisted activity for elderly people and nurses at a day service center,” Proc. of the IEEE, Vol.92, pp. 1780-1788, 2004.
-  Communication Robot “ifbot,” ifoo Co. Ltd.
-  S. Kato, S. Ohshiro, H. Itoh, and K. Kimura, “Development of a Communication Robot Ifbot,” The 2004 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation (ICRA), pp. 697-702, 2004.
-  T. Muto et al. (Ed.), “Asian Perspectives and Evidence on Health Promotion and Education,” Springer, 2010.
-  M. Kanoh, Y. Oida, Y. Nomura, A. Araki, Y. Konagaya, K. Ihara, T. Shimizu, and K. Kimura, “Examination of Practicability of Robot Assisted Activity Program using Communication Robot for Elderly People,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.23, No.1, 2011.
-  Y. Izutsu, H. Kawanaka, K. Yamamoto, K. Suzuki, H. Takase, and S. Tsuruoka, “Conversational Content Recognition for Robot Therapy in Care Houses,” The 29th Joint Conf. on Medical Informatics, pp. 1003-1007, 2009.
-  H. Isahara, F. Bond, K. Uchimoto, M. Utiyama, and K. Kanzaki, “Development of the Japanese WordNet.” In LREC-2008, 2008.
-  T. Kudo, K. Yamamoto, and Y. Matsumoto, “Applying Conditional Random Fields to Japanese Morphological Analysis,” Proc. of the 2004 Conf. on Empirical Methods in Natural Language Processing (EMNLP-2004), pp. 230-237, 2004.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.