New Method to Assist Discrimination of Liver Diseases by Spherical SOM with Mahalanobis Distance
Norie Kanzaki* and Akihiro Kanagawa**
*Graduate School of Systems Engineering, Okayama Prefectural University, 111 Kuboki, Soja, Okayama 719-1197, Japan
**Faculty of Computer Science & Systems Engineering, Okayama Prefectural University, 111 Kuboki, Soja, Okayama 719-1197, Japan
-  H. Tanaka, H. Ishibuchi, and T. Shigenaga, “Fuzzy Inference System Based on Rough Sets and Its Application to Medical Diagnosis, Intelligent Decision Support,” Handbook of Applications and Advances of the Rough Sets Theory (Theory and Decision Library Series D, System Theory, Knowledge Engineering, and Problem Solving), Part 1, Chapter 8, pp. 111-117, 1992.
-  Z. Zhang, A. Kanagawa, and H. Kawabata, “Associative Memory using Cellular Neural Networks and its Application to Medical Diagnosis,” Japan Society for Fussy Theory and Intelligent Informatics, Vol.16, No.4, pp. 341-348, 2004 (in Japanese).
-  G. Taguchi and J. Rajesh, “New Trends in Multivariate Diagnosis: Sankhya,” The Indian J. of Statistics, Vol.62, Seriees B, Pt.2, pp. 233-248, 2000.
-  H. Nakashima, K. Takada, H. Yano I. Takagi, M. Nakada, K. Wakatsuki, M. Yamauchi, and G. Toda, “Forecasting of Future Health from Medical Examination Results using Mahalanobis?Taguchi System,” 19th JCMI, pp. 952-953, 1999 (in Japanese).
-  M. Oyabu and U. Kiyohiro, “Development of Spherical SOM and its Property,” Proc. SCI 2002, 2002.
-  D. Nakatsuka and M. Oyabu, “Application of Spherical SOM in Clustering,” Proc. of Workshop on Self-Organizing Maps (WSO M’03), Japan, pp. 203-207, 2003.
-  K. Oguri, A. Iwata, T. Fukatsu, and K. Yamauchi, “A Diagnosis Support System of Chronic Liver Disease Using an Artificial Neural Network “NI-SYS”,” Bio Medical Engineering, Vol.32, No.2, pp. 106-111, 1994 (in Japanese).
-  P. Mahalanobis, “On the generalized distance in statistics,” Proc. Nat. Inst. Sciences India, Vol.2, pp. 49-55, 1936.
-  T. Kanetaka, “An application of Mahalanobis Distance to Diagnosis of Medical Examination,” Quality Engineering Forum, Vol.5, No.2, 1997 (in Japanese).
-  T. Kohonen, “Self-Organization and Associative Memory,” Springer Series in Information Sciences, Vol.8, 1984.
-  T. Kohonen, “Self-Organizing Maps,” Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg, 1995.
-  H. Ritter, E. Oja, and S. Kaski, “Self-Organizing Maps on non-Euclidean Spaces, in Kohonen Maps,” pp. 95-110, Elsevier, New York, 1999.
-  K. Masuda, D. Nakatsuka, M. Okita, Y. Hukui, K. Hujimura, and H. Tokutaka, “Design of Spherical SOM by Matlab,” Technical Report of IEICE, Vol.104, No.139, pp. 73-77, 2004 (in Japanese).
-  SOM Japan: http://www.somj.com
-  N. Matsuda, H. Tokutaka, J. Laaksonen, F. Tajima, N. Miyatake, and H. Sato, “Spherical SOM and its Application to Fundus Image Analysis,” Biomedical Fussy System Association, Vol.11, No.1, pp. 29-34, 2009 (in Japanese).
-  H. Tokutaka, T. Kakihara, M. Kurata, K. Fujimura, E. Gonda, Y. Maniwa, M. Yamamoto, L. Shigang, and M. Ohkita, “Construction of the General Physical Condition Judgments System using Acceleration Plethysmogram Pulse-Wave Analysis results,” Biomedical Fussy System Association, Vol.11, No.1, pp. 49-56, 2009 (in Japanese).
-  H. Hirakawa, “Survival Rates and causes of Death in Various Liver Diseases,” Kanzo, Vol.22, No.6, pp. 848-858, 1981 (in Japanese).
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.