Effects of Information Diffusion in OnlineWord-of-Mouth Communication Among Consumers
Isamu Okada* and Hitoshi Yamamoto**
*Faculty of Business Administration, Soka University, 1-236 Tangi, Hachioji, Tokyo 192-8577, Japan
**Faculty of Business Administration, Rissho University, 4-2-16 Osaki, Shinagawa, Tokyo 141-8602, Japan
-  C. Dellarocas and R. Narayan, “A Statistical Measure of a Population’s Propensity to Engage in Post-Purchase Online Word-of-Mouth,” Statistical Science, Vol.21, No.2, pp. 277-285, 2006.
-  T. Hennig-Thurau, K. P. Gwinner, G. Walsh, and D. D. Gremler, “Electronic Word-of-Mouth via Consumer-Opinion Platforms: What Motivates Consumers to Articulate Themselves on the Internet?,” J. of Interactive Marketing, Vol.18, No.1, pp. 38-52. 2004.
-  N. Hu, P. A. Pavlou, and J. Zhang, “Can Online Reviews Reveal a Product’s True Quality?,” Proc. of the Seventh ACM Conf. on Electronic Commerce (EC’06), 2006.
-  C. Dellarocas, “The Digitization of Word-of-Mouth: Promise and Challenge of Online Feedback Mechanisms,” Management Science, Vol.49, pp. 1407-1424, 2003.
-  D. Godes and D. Mayzlin, “Using Online Conversations to Study Word-of-Mouth Communication,” Marketing Science, Vol.23, No.4, pp. 545-560, 2004.
-  J. Brown, A. J. Broderick, and N. Lee, “Word of Mouth Communication Within Online Communities: Conceptualizing the Online Social Network,” J. of Interactive Marketing, Vol.21, No.3, pp. 2-20, 2007.
-  C. Dellarocas, N. Awad, and M. Zhang, “Using online ratings as a proxy of word-of-mouth in motion picture revenue forecasting,” Working paper, Smith School of Business, Univ. Maryland, 2005.
-  J. A. Chevalier and D. Mayzlin, “The Effect of Word of Mouth on Sales: Online Book Reviews,” J. of Marketing Research, Vol.18, pp. 345-354, 2006.
-  Y. Kuwashima, “The word-of-mouth effect on the web: A case of the network of massage board in site A,” 21COE, University of Tokyo, MMRC Discussion Paper, Vol.79, 2006.
-  D. Smith, S. Menon, and K. Sivakumar, “Online Peer and Editorial Recommendations, Trust, and Choice in Virtual Markets,” J. of Interactive Marketing, Vol.19, No.3, pp. 15-37, 2005.
-  T. H. Davenport and J. C. Beck, “The Attention Economy: Understanding the New Currency of Business,” Harvard Business School Press, 2001.
-  F. M. Bass, “A New Product Growth Model for Consumer Durables,” Management Science, Vol.15, pp. 215-227, 1969.
-  E. M. Rogers, “Diffusion of Innovations,” Free Press, 1983.
-  H. Yamamoto, I. Okada, N. Koboyashi, and T. Ohta, “Information Channel Effect in Music CD Market: An Agent-based Approach to Winner-Take-All,” J. of the Japan Society for Management Information, Vol.11, No.3, pp. 37-54, 2002. (in Japanese)
-  Nikkei Institute of Industries and Consumption, “Mechanism of Winning Big Market of Music CD – Data from Consumers’ Life Style and Buying Trends,” Nihon Keizai Shimbun Sha, 2000. (in Japanese)
-  Nikkei Institute of Industries and Consumption, “Mechanism of Winning Big Market of Music CD – Analysis of Consumers’ Life Style and Buying Trends,” Nihon Keizai Shimbun Sha, 2000. (in Japanese)
-  G. Grimmett, “Percolation,” Springer-Verlag, 1989.
-  M. A. Nowak & K. Sigmund, “Evolution of indirect reciprocity by image scoring,” Nature, Vol.393, pp. 573-577, 1998.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.