Eye Position Estimation During Sleep Using Infrared Video in Functional MRI
Syoji Kobashi*, Yuji Yahata*, Shigeyuki Kan**,
Masaya Misaki**, Takahiko Koike**, Katsuya Kondo*,
Satoru Miyauchi**, and Yutaka Hata*
*Graduate School of Engineering, University of Hyogo, 2167 Shosha, Himeji, Hyogo 671-2280, Japan
**CREST – Brain Function Imaging Team, Kobe Advanced ICT Research Center, National Institute of Information and Communications Technology, Japan
-  E. Aserinsky and N. Kleitman, “Regularly Occurring Periods of Eye Motility, and Concomitant Phenomena, During Sleep,” Science, Vol.118, No.3062, pp. 273-274, 1953.
-  M. Brown, M. Marmor, Vaegan, E. Zrenner, M. Brigell, and M. Bach, “ISCEV Standard for Clinical Electro-oculography (EOG) 2006,” Documenta Ophthalmologica, Vol.113, No.3, pp. 205-212, 2006.
-  D. A. Robinson, “A method of Measuring Eye Movement Using a Scleral Search Coil in a Magnetic Field,” IEEE Trans. on Biomedical Engineering, Vol.10, pp. 137-145, 1963.
-  A. Duchowski and R. Vertegaal, “Eye-based Interaction in Graphical Systems: Theory & Practice,” ACM SIGGRAPH 2000, Course Notes #5, 2000.
-  J. G. Wang and E. Sung, “Study on Eye Gaze Estimation,” IEEE Trans. on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, Part B: Cybernetics, Vol.32, No.3, pp. 332-350, 2002.
-  C. H. Morimoto, D. Koons, A. Amir, and M. Flickner, “Pupil Detection and Tracking Using Multiple Light Sources,” Image and Vision Computing, Vol.18, No.4, pp. 331-335, 2000.
-  S. Baluja and D. Pomerleau, “Non-intrusive gaze tracking using artificial neural networks,” Advances in Neural Information Processing Systems, CMU-CS-94-102, pp. 753-760, 1994.
-  B. Wolfe and D. Eichmann, “A Neural Network Approach to Tracking Eye Position,” International Journal of Human-Computer Interaction, Vol.9, No.1, pp. 59-79, 1997.
-  R. J. Jacob, “What you look at is what you get: eye movementbased interaction techniques,” Proc. of the ACM CHI 90 on Human Factors in Computing Systems, pp. 11-18, ACM Press, 1990.
-  Q. Ji, Z. Zhu, and P. Lan, “Real Time Non-intrusive Monitoring and Prediction of Driver Fatigue,” IEEE Trans. on Vehicular Technology, Vol.53, No.4, pp. 1052-1068, 2004.
-  A. Duchowski, “A breadth-first survey of eye-tracking applications,” Behavior research methods, instruments, & computers, Vol.34, No.4, pp. 455-470, 2002.
-  S. Miyauchi, M. Misaki, Y. Tanaka, T, Fukunaga, and S. Kan, “fMRI activation accompanying rapid eye movements during REM sleep,” 10th Annual Meeting of The Organization for Human Brain Mapping, Budapest, Hungary, 2004.
-  Y. Yahata, S. Kobashi, S. Kan, M. Misaki, K. Kondo, S. Miyauchi, and Y. Hata, “Neural Network based Eye Position Estimation from Infrared Video during Sleeping,” Proc. of Joint 3rd Int. Conf. on Soft Computing and Intelligent Systems and 7th Int. Sympo. on Advanced Intelligent System, pp. 2011-2016, Sep. 2006.
-  S. Kobashi, Y. Yahata, S. Kan, M. Misaki, K. Kondo, S. Miyauchi, and Y. Hata, “Fully Automated Detection of Eye Movement on Sleep based on Neural Network Modeling,” Proc. of 2nd Int. Sympo. on Computational Intelligence and Industrial Applications, pp. 269-273, 2006.
-  S. Haykin, “Neural Network: A Comprehensive Foundation, second edition,” Prentice Hall, 1999.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.