Joint Attention Between a Human Being and a Partner Robot Based on Computational Intelligence
Naoyuki Kubota*,**, Toshiyuki Shimizu*, and Minoru Abe***
*Dept. of System Design, Tokyo Metropolitan University, 6-6 Asahigaoka, Hino, Tokyo 191-0065, Japan
**SORST, Japan Science and Technology Agency (JST)
***EQUOS RESEARCH Co., Ltd. EV Laboratory
-  R. A. Brooks, “Cambrian Intelligence,” The MIT Press, 1999.
-  R. Pfeifer and C. Scheier, “Understanding Intelligence,” The MIT Press, 1999.
-  B. Scassellati, “Investigating Models of Social Development using a Humanoid Robot,” Robots and Biology: Developing Connections, 1998.
-  G. Syswerda, “A Study of Reproduction in Generational and Steady-State Genetic Algorithms,” Foundations of Genetic Algorithms, San Mateo: Morgan Kaufmann Publishers, Inc., 1991.
-  J.-S. R. Jang, C.-T. Sun, and E. Mizutani, “Neuro-Fuzzy and Soft Computing,” Prentice-Hall, Inc., 1997.
-  W. Maass and C. M. Bishop, “Pulsed Neural Networks,” The MIT Press, 1999.
-  T. Kohonen, “Self-Organization and Associative Memory,” Springer, 1984.
-  T. Hastie, R. Tibshirani, and J. Friedman, “The Elements of Statistical Learning,” Springer-Verlag, 2001.
-  D. Sperber and D. Wilson, “Relevance - Communication and Cognition,” Blackwell Publishing Ltd., 1995.
-  K. Morikawa, S. Agarwal, C. Elkan, and G. Cottrell, “A Taxonomy of Computational and Social Learning,” Proc. of Workshop on Developmental Embodied Cognition, 2001.
-  G. Rizzolatti, and M. A. Arbib, “Language within our grasp,” Trends in Neuroscience, Vol.21, pp. 188-194, 1998.
-  T. Fukuda and N. Kubota, “An Intelligent Robotic System Based on A Fuzzy Approach,” Proc. of IEEE, Vol.87, No.9, pp. 1448-1470, 1999.
-  N. Kubota, D. Hisajima, F. Kojima, and T. Fukuda, “Fuzzy and Neural Computing for Communication of A Partner Robot,” Journal of Multiple-Valued Logic and Soft-Computing, Vol.9, No.2 pp. 221-239, 2003.
-  N. Kubota and K. Tomoda, “Behavior Coordination of A Partner Robot based on Imitation,” Proc. of 2nd Int. Conf. on Autonomous Robots and Agents, pp. 164-169, 2004.
-  N. Kubota and K. Nishida, “Fuzzy Computing for Communication of A Partner Robot Based on Imitation,” Proc. (CD-ROM) of 2005 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 4391-4396, 2005.
-  M. Merleau-Ponty, “Phenomenology of Perception,” Trans. Colin Smith. New York: Humanities Press, 1962.
-  B. Robins, P. Dickerson, P. Stribling, and K. Dautenhahn, “Robot-Mediated Joint Attention in Children with Autism,” Interaction Studies Vol.5, No.2, pp. 161-198, 2004.
-  H. H. Bulthoff, S. W. Lee, T. A. Poggio, and C. Wallraven, “Biologically Motivated Computer Vision,” Springer-Verlag, 2002.
-  N. Kubota and K. Nishida, “Development of Internal Models for Communication of A Partner Robot Based on Computational Intelligence,” Proc. of 6th Int. Symposium on Advanced Intelligent Systems, pp. 577-582, 2005.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.