Graph/Knot Theoretical Analysis and Generation for Impossible Figures
Kento Tarui*, Fangyan Dong*, Yutaka Hatakeyama**,
and Kaoru Hirota*
*Hirota Laboratory, Department of Computational Intelligence and Systems Science, Tokyo Institute of Technology, 4259 Nagatsuta, Midori-ku, Yokohama 226-8502, Japan
**Center of Medical Information Science, Medical School, Kochi University, Kohasu Oko-cho Nankoku-city Kochi
-  C. C. Adams, “The Knot Book,” Freeman, pp. 1-30, 2001.
-  T. M. Cowan, “The theory of braids and the analysis of impossible figures, Journal of Mathematical Psychology,” Vol.11, pp. 190-212, 1974.
-  T. M. Cowan, “Organizing the properties of impossible figures, Perception,” Vol.6, pp. 41-56, 1977.
-  B. Mohar and C. Thomassen, “Graphs on Surfaces,” Johns Hopkins University Press, pp. 3-98, 2001.
-  D. A. Huffman, “Impossible objects as nonsense sentences,” Machine Intelligence, Vol.6, pp. 295-323, 1971.
-  K. Sugihara, “Three-dimensional realization of anomalous pictures – An application of picture interpretation theory to toy design,” Pattern Recognition, Vol.30, No.7, pp. 1061-1067, 1997.
-  K. Sugihara, “Studies on mathematical structures of line drawings of polyhedral and their applications to scene analysis,” Researches of the Electrotechnical Laboratory, No.800, pp. 1-22, 1979 (in Japanese).
-  K. Sugihara, “Classification of impossible objects,” Perception, Vol.11, pp. 65-74, 1982.
-  L. Ros and F. Thomas, “Overcoming superstrictness in line drawing interpretation,” IEEE Trans. Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, Vol.24, pp. 456-466, 2002.
-  J. Liu and Y. T. Lee, “A graph-based method for face identification from a single 2D line drawing,” IEEE Trans. Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, Vol.23, pp. 1106-1119, 2001.
-  J. Liu and X. T. Tang, “Evolutionary search for faces from line drawings,” IEEE Trans. Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, Vol.27, pp. 861-872, 2005.
-  Y. Sun and Y. T. Lee, “Topological analysis of a single line drawing for 3D shape recovery,” Proc. Graphite, pp. 167-172, 2004.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.