Embodied Conversational Agents for H5N1 Pandemic Crisis
Ong Sing Goh, Chun Che Fung, Kok Wai Wong,
and Arnold Depickere
School of Information Technology, Division of Arts, Murdoch University, Murdoch, Western Australia 6150
-  J. Allen, D. Byron, M. Dzikovska, G. Ferguson, L. Galescu, and A. Stent, “Towards conversational human-computer interaction,” AI Magazine, Vol.22, 2001.
-  J. Cassell, “Embodied Conversation: Integrating Face and Gesture into Automatic Spoken Dialogue Systems,” in Spoken Dialogue Systems, Luperfoy (Ed.), MIT Press, to appear.
-  R. J. Lempert, S. W. Popper, and S. C. Bankes, “Shaping the next one hundred years: new methods for quantitative, long-term policy analysis,” Santa Monica, CA.: RAND, 2003.
-  O. S. Goh, C. C. Fung, and M. P. Lee, “Intelligent Agents for an Internet-based Global Crisis Communication System,” Journal of Technology Management and Entrepreneurship, Vol.2, pp. 65-78, 2005.
-  O. S. Goh and C. C. Fung, “Automated Knowledge Extraction from Internet for a Crisis Communication Portal,” in First International Conference on Natural Computation, Changsha, China: Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS), pp. 1226-1235, 2005.
-  O. S. Goh, C. Ardil, W. Wong, and C. C. Fung, “A Black-box Approach for Response Quality Evaluation Conversational Agent System,” International Journal of Computational Intelligence, Vol.3, pp. 195-203, 2006.
-  H. Loebner, Loebner Prize Gold Medal, 2006 [Online].
-  O. S. Goh, A. Depickere, C. C. Fung, and K. W. Wong, “Top-down Natural Language Query Approach for Embodied Conversational Agent,” presented at the International MultiConference of Engineers and Computer Scientists 2006, Hong Kong, 2006.
-  J. A. Fodor, “Elm and the Expert: An Introduction to Mentalese and Its Semantics,” Cambridge University Press, 1994.
-  R. A. Brooks, “The Cog Project: Building a Humanoid Robot,” presented at The 1st International Conference on Humanoid Robots and Human friendly Robots, Tsukuba, Japan, 1998.
-  K. R. McKeown, “Text Generation,” Cambridge University Press, 1995.
-  J. D. Moore and C. L. Paris, “Planning text for advisory dialogues: Capturing intentional and rhetorical information,” Computational Linguistics, Vol.19, pp. 651-695, 1992.
-  E. Reiter and R. Dale, “Building Natural Language Generation Systems,” Cambridge University Press, 2000.
-  C. Bialik, “Just How Deadly Is Bird Flu? It Depends on Whom You Ask,” January 13, 2005 [Online].
-  S. Lovgren, “Is Asian Bird Flu the Next Pandemic?,” December 7, 2004 [Online].
-  K. Mori, A. Jatowt, and M. Ishizuka, “Enhancing Conversational Flexibility in Multimodal Interactions with Embodied Lifelike Agents,” presented at International Conference on Intelligent User Interfaces, Miami, Florida, USA, 2003.
-  J. Weizenbaum, “ELIZA – A computer program for the study of natural language communication between man and machine,” Communications of the ACM, Vol.9, pp. 36-45, 1966.
-  Alice, “Artificial Linguistic Internet Computer Entity,” 2005 [Online].
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.