FCAPS: Fuzzy Controller with Approximated Policy Search Approach
Agus Naba*, and Kazuo Miyashita**
*Graduate School of Systems and Information Engineering, University of Tsukuba, 1-2-1 Namiki, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
**National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST), 1-2-1 Namiki, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
-  K. J. Astrom, and K. Furuta, “Swinging up a pendulum by energy control,” Automatica, Vol.36, pp. 287-295, 2000.
-  L. Baird, and A. Moore, “Gradient descent for general reinforcement learning,” Advances in Neural Information Processing Systems, Vol.11, 1999.
-  A. G. Barto, R. S. Sutton, and C. W. Anderson, “Neuronlike Adaptive Elements That Can Solve Difficult Learning Control Problems,” IEEE Trans. On SMC, Vol.13, No.5, pp. 834-846, 1983.
-  H. R. Berenji, and P. Khedkar, “Learning and Tuning Fuzzy Logic Controllers Through Reinforcement,” IEEE Trans. On Neural Network, Vol.3, No.5, pp. 724-740, 1992.
-  C. Chung, and J. Hauser, “Nonlinear Control of a Swinging Pendulum,” Automatica, Vol.31, pp. 851-862, 1995.
-  A. O. Esogbue, W. E. Hearnes, and Q. Song, “A Reinforcement Learning Fuzzy Controller for Set-Point Regulator Problems,” In Proceedings of the FUZZ-IEEE ’96 Conference, Vol.3, pp. 2136-2142, New Orleans, LA, 1996.
-  F. Hsu, and L. Fu, “A novel adaptive fuzzy variable structure control for a class of nonlinear uncertain systems via backstepping,” Fuzzy sets and systems, Vol.122, pp. 83-106, 2001.
-  L. Jouffe, “Fuzzy Inference System Learning by Reinforcement Method,” IEEE Trans. On SMC-Part C: Application And Reviews, Vol.28, No.3, pp. 338-355, 1998.
-  C. Liang, and J. Su, “A new approach to the design of fuzzy sliding mode controller,” Fuzzy sets and systems, Vol.139, pp. 111-124, 2003.
-  C.-K. Lin, “A Reinforcement Learning Adaptive Fuzzy Controller for Robots,” Fuzzy sets and systems, Vol.137, pp. 339-352, 2003.
-  Y. Y. Nazaruddin, A. Naba, and T. H. Liong, “Modified Adaptive Fuzzy Control System Using Universal Supervisory Controller,” In Proceedings SCI 2000/ISAS 2000, Vol.IX, Orlando, USA, July 23-26, 2000.
-  K. Ogata, “Modern Control Engineering,” Prentice-Hall, Inc., 1997.
-  S. K. Oh, W. Pedrycz, S. B. Rho, and T. C. Ahn, “Parameters estimation of fuzzy controller and its application to inverted pendulum,” Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence, Vol.17, pp. 37-60, 2004.
-  J. Park, G. Park, S. Kim, and C. Moon, “Direct adaptive selfstructuring fuzzy controller for nonaffine nonlinear system,” Fuzzy sets and systems, Vol.153, pp. 429-445, 2005.
-  L. Peshkin, “Reinforcement Learning by Policy Search,” Ph.D. thesis, Brown University, Providence, RI, 2001.
-  J. C. Santamaria, R. R. Sutton, and A. Ram, “Experiment with Reinforcement Learning in Problems with Continuous State and Action Spaces,” Adaptive Behaviour, Vol.6, No.2, pp. 163-218, 1998.
-  R. S. Sutton, “Learning to Predict by the Methods of Temporal Differences,” Machine Learning, Vol.3, pp. 9-44, 1988.
-  R. S. Sutton, D. McAllester, S. Singh, and Y. Mansour, “Policy Gradient Methods for Reinforcement Learning with Function Approximation,” Advances in Neural Information Processing System, Vol.12, pp. 1057-1063, 2000.
-  S. Tong, and H. Li, “Direct adaptive fuzzy output tracking control of nonlinear systems,” Fuzzy sets and systems, Vol.128, pp. 107-115, 2002.
-  L.-X. Wang, “A COURSE IN FUZZY SYSTEMS AND CONTROL,” Prentice-Hall International, Inc., 1997.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.